About Knowledge Services
Information, analysis, and technology for smarter philanthropy
These questions emerge again and again—across funding areas, strategies, and geographies. Providing answers when people need them and how they want them is at the heart of Foundation Center's role as a provider of knowledge services.
- Who is funding what and where?
- How can we know what other funders know?
- How can we make the most of what we're learning?
What are Knowledge Services?
Knowledge Services are data-driven tools and content-rich platforms developed by Foundation Center for funders and their networks, consultants, advisors, and grantees. They are designed to answer fundamental questions such as: Who is funding what and where? How can we know what other funders know? How can we make the most of what we're learning?
We work with partners on custom projects to transform our information, analysis, and technology into solutions for the social sector.
Providing answers when people need them and how they want them is at the heart of Foundation Center's role as a provider of knowledge services. We look forward to working with you to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world.
Our Knowledge Services offerings include:
- Foundation Maps, a data visualization platform for philanthropy
- Foundation Ideas, shareable collections of reports, evaluations, and case studies
- Foundation Landscapes, issue-based web portals for scanning and collaboration
- Foundation Research, custom research on trends in philanthropy
- Foundation Benchmarkers, tools for peer-to-peer comparisons
- Foundation Data, trusted data about philanthropy
- Foundation Transparency, promoting best practices in foundation transparency