Posted on July 13, 2012
Senior Manager/Director, Resource Mobilization
TB Alliance - Senior Manager/Director, Resource Mobilization
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a resource mobilization strategy across a variety of donor targets (including bilateral, multilateral, foundation, corporate, private, and government donors, and via innovative financing). H/she serves as the principal proposal coordinator and writer (author/editor) for the TB Alliance.
Key position responsibilities include contributing to resource mobilization strategy development; helping to diversify/increase/deepen the donor base; managing the execution of fundraising activities across a variety of donor categories and in different country settings; gathering intelligence, conducting and overseeing research into prospect identification and donor solicitations; developing grant proposals; overseeing grant reporting and managing relationships with current TB Alliance donors; and incorporating communication and policy/advocacy strategies and tactics to mobilize resources and create an enabling environment for TB drug research. H/she will manage two direct reports and have relationships with a number of outside stakeholders ranging from consultants to donors.
- Work with the Senior Vice President (VP) of External Affairs to develop and implement a resource mobilization strategy for the TB Alliance.
- Execute resource mobilization plan by identifying new donor prospects and deepening relationships with existing donors. This includes with bilateral, multilateral, foundation, corporate, private, and government donors, as well as with innovative financing mechanisms, leveraged and in-kind contributions.
- Take the lead on specific donor targets TBD (this includes intelligence gathering/research/mapping, relationship building, overseeing work of consultants as appropriate, proposal writing, donor reporting).
- Organize donor meetings and strategies to engage donors at various venues (e.g. conferences, panel discussions) in the furtherance of increased support for research and development (R&D) for TB drug development.
- Serve as principal proposal coordinator and writer for all proposals (solicited and unsolicited) submitted by the TB Alliance.
- Recruit and manage relationships with partners and consultants to further resource mobilization efforts.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Policy, work with other Product Development Partnerships (PDPs) and other stakeholders as appropriate to develop and execute policy/advocacy activities to increase resources for R&D for TB drug development.
- In collaboration with the Communications department, develop briefing materials, talking points, and presentations as required in support of the External Affairs department and other senior leaders at the TB Alliance.
- Manage two direct reports (resource mobilization analyst and grants manager) and oversee their work.
- An accomplished Resource Mobilization manager, with a track record of at least five years in successfully developing and managing fundraising efforts, particularly with bi/multilateral and foundation donors.
- Seven years relevant work experience, with at least three years in a management role.
- A seasoned proposal writer who has led all aspects of proposal submissions. Above all, the candidate must be a strategic thinker and excellent writer/editor/communicator. H/she must have the ability to understand and communicate (especially in the proposal writing context) complex scientific information for a range of audiences.
- Someone versed in international health and development issues, particularly TB and/or infectious diseases, and with experience in writing proposals with a heavy emphasis on R&D for new drugs, vaccines, or diagnostics.
- Experience with strategic planning, programming, and implementation for global resource mobilization programs and initiatives; ability to bring programs from conceptualization to implementation and evaluation; the ability to think creatively and with long-term objectives.
- Knowledge of bilateral assistance and grant making procedures (tracking, writing, reporting, contractual).
- Knowledge of/experience with policy/advocacy and communications, and how to successfully incorporate them into resource mobilization efforts.
- Proven success in developing relationships of mutual trust and partnership with internal and external partners and stakeholders; experience in building coalitions.
- Strong supervisory skills and demonstrated experience managing and coaching individuals and teams for achieving results.
- Ability to work individually and across the organization; excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to effectively manage across a global platform of partners.
- A self-starter, entrepreneur, with good judgment, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities; proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Sensitivity toward cultural diversity and an ability to work across various regions of the world
To apply for this position, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Manager/Director, Resource Mobilization” in the Subject line.