Posted on July 11, 2012
Jewish Education Service of North America
Jewish Education Service of North America - Project Manager
JESNA (www.jesna.org) seeks a highly-motivated, self-directed individual for a full-time position as Project Manager. Will consider filling two part-time positions for this role.
- Manage and oversee specific JESNA national educator recruitment and recognition programs (Lainer-Masa Fellows, Grinspoon-Steinhart Awards)
- Coordinator for ADCA (Association of Directors of Central Agencies for Jewish Education)
- Assist LCC colleagues with project management and conference planning
- Assist with management of agency-wide programs and projects
- This entails:
- Ensuring that projects are implemented effectively and in a timely fashion within their contractual frameworks and budgets, and consistent with JESNA’s goals and objectives;
- Maintaining positive relationships and ongoing communication with project funders, participants, program providers and consultants, community leaders, as well as JESNA colleagues;
- Maintaining databases tracking relevant information for each program;
- Ensuring appropriate ongoing monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- Working with JESNA’s department of Institutional Advancement (IA) to ensure appropriate project funding;
- Publicizing projects and programs, in coordination and collaboration with JESNA’s Communications Director.
- B.A., Masters degree preferred
- Experience in managing complex projects and activities in the for-profit or not-for-profit sectors
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines;
- Meeting and conference planning
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with a range of groups and individuals (particularly educators, university students, community professional and lay leaders, funders and foundation staff)
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and Jewish education
- Skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation (Powerpoint) software
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, flexibility, and good humor in approach to project assignments and in working with colleagues and constituents
- Commitment to JESNA’s values, mission and goals
START DATE: Immediate
LOCATION: New York office
SALARY/BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience and capabilities.
JESNA IS COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Email resume and cover letter with PROJECT MANAGER in the subject line to email@example.com