As the leading source of information on philanthropy worldwide, the Foundation Center is often cited in the news. Journalists turn to us regularly as a source of the latest comprehensive, reliable information that will help them report on current trends. Here are some examples of recent media coverage:
Recent Media Coverage Highlights
- "Bloomberg Philanthropies Gave Away $370M," by Theresa Agovino, Crain's New York Business, April 30, 2013.
- "Charitable Campaigns Go Viral After Marathon Bombings," by Melanie Eversley, USA TODAY, April 26, 2013.
- "Data, Risk Aversion, and Social Investing Dominate Donors' Concerns," by Caroline Preston, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, April 19, 2013.
- "Philanthropy Beat: Black Male Achievement Website Launched," by Jean Hopfensperger, Star Tribune (Minneapolis), April 8, 2013.
- “McCune Foundation Begins Exit Strategy to Give Away $343M in 16 Years,” by Bill Zlatos, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, March 9, 2013.
- "The Nonprofit Collaboration Database Offers a Roadmap to Social Good Teamwork," by Erin Kane, Generocity.org (Philadelphia), March 7, 2013.
- "Benchmarking Global Human Rights Grantmaking," by Christen Dobson and Steven Lawrence, Alliance Magazine, March 2013.
- "Why Foundations Should Pay Attention to Radical Thinkers," by Hildy Gottlieb, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, February 28, 2013.
- "Georgia Grantmaking Foundations Declined in 2010," by Jacques Couret, Atlanta Business Chronicle, February 21, 2013.
- "Mark Zuckerberg, Sergey Brin, Other Tech Moguls Launch 'Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences Foundation'," by Eleanor Goldberg, The Huffington Post, February 20, 2013.
View full list»