Scholarships Available for Full-day Training Seminar
Proposal Writing Workshop - Thursday, October 30
Representatives from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the Washington, DC metropolitan area with a budget under $1,000,000 are invited to apply for a full scholarship to attend the Foundation Center's Proposal Writing Workshop, Thursday, October 30 from 9:00am–4:00pm.
Thank you for your interest. The application period has ended.
- Participant must be officially attached to a nonprofit organization
- Organization must have 501(c)(3) status with the IRS or a fiscal agent
- The total organizational operating budget must be under $1,000,000
- Organization must be based in and serving the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
- Participants must be available for a full-day training from 9:00am – 4:00pm on Thursday, October 30
- Only one application per organization
- A project outline will be sent to participants prior to attending the class so they can come prepared with information about their projects.
This class is designed to give grantseekers hands-on proposal writing experience. Using group exercises, case studies, and the participant's own proposal outline, the Proposal Writing Workshop will help participants understand the components of a competitive grant proposal, discover what grantmakers consider "red flags," and learn how to cultivate potential institutional donors.
- The grantseeking process, including the impact of technology
- Components of a competitive grant proposal
- The grantmaker's process and criteria for funding decisions
This course will take place at the Foundation Center-DC, 1627 K Street, NW, 3rd floor, Washington DC, 20006.
- Organizations must meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the number of spaces available.
- Preference will be given to those that articulate clearly the desired outcomes course attendance will have on the development work of their organization.
Scholarships are for $295, applicable to the seminar listed above.