Revised November 29, 2016
Foundation Center considers customer privacy and security a top priority. As such we wanted to provide you important information on our policies.
What information do we collect?
- We collect personally identifiable information to identify our customers, to respond to e-mail and customer service requests, to register and confirm registrations for programs and services, to process and fulfill product orders, for promotional purposes and to otherwise augment our users’ access to and experience with Foundation Center websites.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name or e-mail address.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. Foundation Center reserves the right to sell, transfer, exchange or otherwise give aggregated lists of user data which do not contain personally identifiable information.
- To send periodic emails - The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of industry standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes. We use two different types of cookies, session cookies - that track how visitors move through our site during a particular visit, and persistent cookies - small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We use these cookies to understand and save your preferences for future visits and compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
We use the AdWords and Remarketing Lists features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. Foundation Center and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to Foundation Center websites. This means that vendors, including Google, will display Foundation Center promotional material on other sites you visit across the Internet.
Can I opt-out of Foundation Center newsletters or other mailings?
You may opt-out or unsubscribe from a Foundation Center newsletter, email or mailing. To unsubscribe, please click the unsubscribe link featured at the bottom of the newsletter you received by e-mail, notify us by e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, and we require these parties to agree to keep your information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Do we use third-party software for e-commerce transactions?
We use a leading cloud-based business management software service that complies with the Payment Card Industry’s (PCI) Security Standards, with strong security standards to protect credit card numbers, for the Foundation Center Purchases. See current verification.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
32 Old Slip, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10005-3500