Focus on Health Philanthropy
PND Special Issue - Focus on Health Philanthropy
May is Funding for Health Month at the Foundation Center, and in honor of the occasion we've assembled a selection of related readings and links to more than two dozen health-related news items from the past six months. Visit this page again soon as we add more features, including commentaries and interviews from leaders in the field of health philanthropy.
As always, we welcome your suggestions and comments. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Health-Related Recent Headlines
Opinion and Commentary:
- Dr. Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, president and CEO, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Time To Stop Gambling With America's Health
- Nancy Brinker, founder and chairwoman, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation: We Must Finish the Job We Started
- Peter Bruns, Vice President for Grants and Special Programs, Howard Hughes Medical Institute: Meeting in the Middle: Creating the Biomedical Workforce of the Future
- Charles MacCormack, President & CEO; Anne Tinker, Director Saving Newborn Lives Initiative, Save the Children: Mother's Day Can Be a Day of Mourning in the World's Poorest Countries
- Elizabeth J. Clark, Executive Director, National Association of Social Workers: Social Workers in Health Care Are Not Expendable
- Dannette Hill, Pfizer Global Health Fellow: My Road to Help Combat HIV/AIDS in Kenya
- C.T. O’Donnell II, president, KidsPeace
- Daniel M. Graham, Executive Vice President, Development, Marketing & Communications; Christa S. Nuber,Director, Media Relations & Communications; House Ear Institute