Posted on February 26, 2013
Director of Development
Long Beach Symphony Orchestra
Long Beach Symphony Orchestra - Director of Development
Creates a vision, mission, and strategy for all components of LBSO’s fundraising function. Plans and executes fundraising strategies and initiatives for public and private funding focusing on acquisition, cultivation, and solicitation of individuals, business, foundations, and agencies for annual giving, special events engagement, and other activities.
Job Duties and Tasks:
Funding and Revenue
- Plan and execute fundraising efforts including, but not limited to the annual fund, major gifts, corporate and foundation programs, sponsorships, grants, fundraising events, and planned giving.
- Oversee administration of gift and record management and excellent internal and external reporting systems.
- Focus on a comprehensive fund development plan that identifies prospects and donors, business, and community partners to enhance the short- and long-term diversified funding base, including effective personal solicitations.
- Manage the development and cultivation of a strong Board of Directors, developing new prospects, cultivating major donors, and managing fund development committees.
- Assure sound fiscal operation of the development function including timely, accurate, and comprehensive development of budgets and forecasts for contribution revenue, departmental operations, special events, and other activities.
Cultivation and Collaboration
- Guide increased awareness of LBSO across broad constituencies, clearly articulating the organization’s vision, mission, programs, and impact.
- Manage a departmental staff of two maximizing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for partnerships throughout the community.
- Raise LBSO’s public profile by serving as a spokesperson and serving as a visionary and influential leader within the organization and community.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to motivate and manage staff.
- Effectively manage and motivate volunteers.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability to donors, and ensure compliance with the code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising professionals.
A minimum of 5-years’ experience as a senior development officer with demonstrated success in individual, corporate, foundation, gift cultivation and acquisition. Strong track record in planning and executing fundraising events. Demonstrated financial, organizational, and administrative skills. Departmental and personnel management experience. Strong technical skills including detailed knowledge of Blackbaud’s The Raisers Edge and Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of symphonic music beneficial. LBSO seeks collaborative team members.
Long Beach Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the organization that applicants be considered for positions for which they qualify without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veterans status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally-protected category. Long Beach Symphony Orchestra will make reasonable accommodation for all known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless such accommodation imposes an undue hardship on the company.
Applications by e-mail only to:
Mail applications not accepted
Job Type: Development/Fundraising
Organization Type: Nonprofit Organizations