Posted on July 16, 2012
Development Database Administrator
In Defense of Animals
In Defense of Animals - Development Database Administrator
In Defense of Animals, located in San Rafael, California, seeks a full time Development Database Administrator. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Database Administrator will manage all aspects of the donor database. Major responsibilities include list management for mailings and other fundraising activities, data analysis, and staff training.
- Manage the database by maintaining accurate donor information, eliminating duplicates, updating with data from National Change of Address, and using other tools as needed.
- Must be resourceful in researching varied information in order to maintain accurate records.
- Set up campaigns in IDA’s CRM database to allow for data entry of responses, create file selects of members in IDA’s CRM, export data to printers for mailings, and manage related processes.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to assure data is uploaded and accurate
- Create and implement process for increased efficiencies and accuracies
- Create protocols and systems to assure consistency in data and reporting
- Support any database migration needs and consolidate data
- Run financial, analytical, and other reports for regular, systematic dissemination and, upon request, retrieval of archived information.
- Conduct donor research and identify prospects for major gifts.
- In collaboration with the Development Director, design and execute a solicitation program for current and prospective donors and coordinate appeal copy and design with assistance from the Communications Director.
- Provide mailing lists from CRM for mailing of newsletters, direct mail appeals, event invitations, solicitations, and more.
- Oversee reconciliation of monthly revenue statements with accounting.
- 3+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising
- 2+ years of experience with non-profit relationship databases (Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, and/or Convio preferred)
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to format and generate reports using the database
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, chart design, etc.)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effectively organize and prioritize workload
- Bachelor’s degree
This is a full-time position with benefits. Applicants should email resumes, cover letter and salary requirments to email@example.com with “Development Database Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Please read more about In Defense of Animals at www.idausa.org.
Job Type: Administration
Organization Type: Nonprofit Organizations