Posted on February 16, 2012
International Campaign for Tibet
International Campaign for Tibet - Development Coordinator
Founded in 1988, the International Campaign for Tibet is a 501(c)(3) advocacy organization based in Washington, DC with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels and London and field teams in Dharamsala, India and Kathmandu, Nepal. Our mission is to promote human rights and democratic freedoms for the Tibetan people. ICT’s office in the United States has an operating budget of $4.1 million and a staff of 15. Our work is primarily funded through direct mail, online and special event support from individuals around the globe.
Overview of the position:
The Development Coordinator will be part of the three-person development team working to secure charitable funding. This position reports to the Director of Development and serves as the first point of contact for members and supporters. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, motivated, detail-oriented person who is interested in building his or her skills at an international non-governmental organization.
- Providing service and support to the organization’s members.
- Processing donations (including batching, gift entry, deposit preparation, custom gifts, and honor/memorial gifts).
- Preparing acknowledgments for gifts from various giving channels.
- Managing the database (including file import/export, client relationship management system synchronization and data hygiene).
- Creating reports on donation summaries, special and major gifts
- Overseeing ICT’s relationship with its caging and fulfillment vendor.
- Coordinating ICT’s automated giving program, Friends of Tibet
- Assisting with mailings to major donors, print publications, email communications, and special events.
- Maintaining department files and other administrative tasks.
Experience and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Care deeply about the situation in Tibet.
- Have excellent instincts for donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Have demonstrable experience with Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Be committed to excellent donor service and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to think creatively and suggest new systems when necessary.
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time, exempt position in our Washington, DC office, not eligible for telework.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is commensurate with experience. ICT offers an excellent benefits package with a 403(b) plan, and employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance. All full-time employees qualify for paid time off including sick and personal days, most national holidays, and two additional Tibetan holidays.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample (five page maximum) to Melissa Jimison, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Development/Fundraising
Organization Type: Nonprofit Organizations