Posted on February 15, 2012
Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy - Membership Assistant
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the nonprofit support partner of the Golden Gate National Parks—84,000 acres of national parkland throughout the Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future. Park projects and programs include the Crissy Field Center, the promoting of leadership and environmental justice training for youth; the Native Plant Nurseries, which grows over 100,000 plants annually to restore habitat; Trails Forever, which is at work building and rehabilitating miles of trails throughout the parks; and volunteer programs that inspire 35,000 people annually to take action in support the parks.
The Membership Assistant reports to the Director, Membership and Donor Development. The Membership Assistant is part of an eleven-member fundraising team. The Assistant is the primary customer service contact to Parks Conservancy members; s/he interacts with members on a regular basis to resolve questions about their membership contributions and inform them about special membership benefits. The Membership Assistant supports key technical and fundraising projects, supports the member events program, acknowledges gifts and fulfills premiums, helps with the acquisition and renewal programs, helps leverage new media to promote support for the Parks, and provides administrative support to the Membership Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as primary customer service contact to Conservancy members. Ensure that every member receives timely and excellent customer service and information.
- Prepare, send and track appropriate and timely acknowledgments of member donations that reflect and communicate member opportunities in the parks. Fulfill membership premiums, coordinate support from colleagues, and maintain inventories and schedules.
- Assist in crafting and implementing membership campaigns, including renewals, additional gift appeals, the Golden Gate Raptor Observatory fundraising program, and web-based, e-mail, and social media appeals.
- Coordinate membership and e-mail acquisition in all retail locations throughout the parks.
- Working with the Membership Director, recommend and implement plan to increase and steward monthly donations (Golden Gate Keepers) program.
- Working in coordination with the Membership Director and/or events staff, recommend, plan and implement special outings and events for members including timing, location, registrations, advertising, coordination, and follow-up. Work with Conservancy staff to promote membership at volunteer projects across the parks.
- Track and report on appropriate and timely data entry of membership donations from all sources in The Raiser’s Edge database. Update and correct database records, aid colleagues with queries, and recommend improvements to current practices.
- Provide support for work relating to Convio Luminate online marketing software.
- Act as primary liaison with the Accounting Department to ensure smooth reconciliation of funds. Process invoices. Maintain files, procedures and sample books. Prepare and distribute membership and other database reports.
- Serve as the point person for EarthShare of California for workplace giving. Ensure that volunteer hours commitment is met.
- Other duties as assigned by the Membership Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Responds effectively to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Completes work in a timely manner.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works with others to solve complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Experience with donor database such as The Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with online giving/online marketing applications a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as to serve as a key member of a collaborative team.
- California drivers license.
- Must be available to periodically work on evenings and weekends.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work is performed primarily at a desk in indoor setting.
- Regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 – 8 hours per day.
- Frequently lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, February 29th.
Please no phone calls about this position.
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy strives to engage a workforce reflective of the community it serves. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, gender, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Administration
Organization Type: Nonprofit Organizations