Posted on January 24, 2013
Online Technology and Database Manager
San Francisco Education Fund
San Francisco Education Fund - Online Technology and Database Manager
Join a passionate team dedicated to advancing a reform agenda focused on equity in San Francisco public schools. The Online Technology and Database Manager position offers an opportunity to further our impact in schools and build community through creative use of technology.
The San Francisco Education Fund is the oldest non-profit dedicated to strengthening San Francisco’s public schools. The Education Fund works to increase the number of students from San Francisco's highest need communities who graduate high school ready for college, career, and civic responsibility. The Education Fund catalyzes change at individual school sites while also contributing to district-wide reform in the San Francisco Unified School District in two powerful and interlocking ways:
- College Success in Schools – An intensive data-informed approach in a limited number of schools that aligns the resources available (including school resources, CBOs, and volunteers) to ensure that all students have the knowledge and support to graduate high school, and enroll in and succeed in college.
- Public Engagement – Informed by our work in schools, the public is provided the information, guidance and training to participate in public school reform and improvement as volunteers, donors, advocates and voters.
Additional information can be found at www.sfedfund.org.
The Online Technology and Database Manager is critical to the organization’s ability to successfully track, monitor and communicate with key constituents, as well as monitor the organization’s performance and impact. This position works closely with all areas of the organization including Community Engagement, Postsecondary Success Program, Development and Communications. The Online Technology and Database Manager plays a leadership role in increasing the online presence of the Education Fund (both in content and Web 2.0 functionality). The Online Technology and Database Manager reports to the Communications Director.
- Support, maintain and upgrade technology infrastructure including Salesforce.com instance and website.
- Support, maintain and upgrade Salesforce.com to ensure quality data collection.
- Ensure every staff member has easy access to a set of key metrics specific to his/her job (daily, monthly, quarterly or annual metrics) that reflect the individual’s job and/or program performance.
- Develop Salesforce.com including but not limited to adding functionality, integrating AppExchange applications and helping users to create custom reports and views.
- Support the tools that are integrated into Salesforce.com, such as Vertical Response.
- Ensure that any type of online data collection is integrated into Salesforce.com, including web-based forms (for volunteer management) and online donations (for fundraising).
- Identify ways to expose relevant Salesforce.com data (e.g., top placements, testimonials) as RSS feeds through the organization’s website, Facebook page, online widgets and other online avenues.
- Provide technology support and training to staff and develop and deliver trainings as needed, such as new staff database orientation.
- Talk with staff throughout organization to understand needs and obstacles in relation to technology and identify ways to make Salesforce.com and online communities more user-friendly.
- Act as an internal evangelist for the database and technology tools available to program and administrative staff, build buy-in continued use of those tools, and identify creative ways to help staff do their jobs more effectively by using relevant technology.
- Maintain ticket system for staff to submit change requests, prioritize those requests and update staff regarding what/when changes will be made.
- Work with managers to establish and monitor technology proficiency standards for all job functions within the organization.
- Establish systems to audit data quality and encourage staff members regularly to input and maintain quality data in Salesforce.com.
- Establish and support online technology tools and online community.
- Develop online community presence to support programmatic and outreach activities using public social networking tools/sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Build out new functionality and content on social networking sites
- Identify and pursue new opportunities to utilize online technology tools and sites to enhance the visibility and presence of the Education Fund to its online community.
- Provide desktop and some network IT support.
- Provide second-level desktop support as needed to staff and partners and escalate issues to IT Consultant requiring in-depth support.
- Server/Network Administration – Troubleshoot basic issues and escalate issues requiring in-depth support.
- Work with IT Consultant to lay out long-term IT strategic goals, budgets and technology plan.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures. Oversee IT invoicing and billing.
- Assist with identifying and securing technology donations and partnerships.
- Research, make strategic recommendations and implement interactive technologies that support and extend the organization’s work.
- Other duties as assigned; non-essential job duties, non-related responsibilities and other tasks as required by the Executive Director may be assigned from time to time -- the Education Fund is a small non-profit organization requiring flexibility from its staff.
Compensation and Start Date
The Education Fund provides a competitive salary and benefits package, including generous vacation, medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, a 401(k) retirement plan and other fringe benefits. Salary range: $45,000 to $55,000 based on experience.
Preferred Start Date: February-March 2013
AA/EOE. No phone calls, please. Email cover letter and resume, preferably as one Word document or PDF file, to Jessica Pullano at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Online Technology and Database Manager” in the subject line. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. This position will remain open until filled; complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Job Type: Information Technology
Organization Type: Grantmaking Public Charities