Posted on May 1, 2011
National Community Reinvestment Coalition
National Community Reinvestment Coalition - Development Assistant
The National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC) is seeking a self-motivated Development Assistant to support fundraising activities that further the organization’s mission. This position will work closely with the Director of Development to provide ongoing support with fundraising, grant research, and database management.
- Government Grants: Assist Director in preparation of 12-15 government grant proposals annually utilizing grants.gov and other tools.
- Foundation grants: Assist Director in researching and identifying new grant opportunities that align with NCRC’s mission and objectives. Assist in editing, preparing and reviewing grant requests for submission.
- Grants Management: Maintain records of proposals submitted and grants awarded, including reports. Maintain calendar of reports due dates.
- Donor Communication: Assist DOD in creating donor thank you letters, annual reports, newsletters, event materials, and social media marketing.
- Database and Records Management – Manage and update donor database and grant files.
- Annual Conference: Compile prospect lists, prepare letters soliciting conference support, maintain records, finalize conference sponsor brochure, and follow-up with donors after event. Assist during conference with registration, workshops, and receptions.
- Attend and maintain notes of weekly development meetings.
- General office administration: Assist in general office administration.
Perform other tasks as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Policy, or related field; 3-5 years fundraising experience and an interest/commitment to housing and community development.
Excellent written communication, research, and organizational skills.
Attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample, along with your salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org.