Posted on February 26, 2013
Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations
Inspirica - Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations
Inspirica (formerly St. Luke’s LifeWorks) is one of the largest organizations serving the homeless in Connecticut. We provide emergency shelter, transitional housing, permanent housing and affordable housing to approximately 700 adults and children in lower Fairfield County each year. We further provide critical support services such as children’s services, vocational training, workforce education, job placement, job/housing retention services, and counseling as well as access to health care, substance abuse treatment, mental health care etc. In addition to being homeless, the people we serve typically suffer from mental illness, substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS. Many also have severe cognitive impairments, a history of incarceration, little or no work history, and little education. All of our participants live at or below the poverty level.
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives.
Our principles are to be a results oriented, cost-effective organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
The Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations is a new position reporting to the Chief Development Officer. Working closely with the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations will manage all aspects of the grant applications and reporting process for family and corporate foundations and for City, State and Federal government grants. This will include:
- Performing and prospect research on foundations corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants and investigating new sources of government funding.
- Cultivating relationships with corporations and foundations.
- Maintaining the grants calendar and donor information within the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Developing and writing grant proposals, concept notes, letters of inquiry and reports.
- Interviewing relevant stakeholders to develop effective proposals in support of both specific and general organizational priorities.
- Ensuring that all proposals/reports reflect the objectives of the grantor, advance the goals of Inspirica and the grantor, include metrics that demonstrate meaningful impact, and adequately meet the funding needs of specific programs being supported by the grant.
- Working with relevant fundraising and program staff to ensure that all grant requirements are met.
- Working closely with the finance department on budgetary aspects of grant proposals/reports, including monitoring grant expenditures.
- Ensuring timely submission of grant applications and reports and progress reports to donors.
- Drafting acknowledgement letters for grants received.
- Arranging for and helping prepare for site visits
- Demonstrated track record in writing successful proposals.
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and track work activities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar system.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities under tight time constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample by e-mail to:
141 Franklin Street
Stamford, Connecticut 06901
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.