Posted on May 14, 2013
AJC - Administrative Assistant
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. In addition to its New York headquarters and Office of Government & International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has regional offices and affiliates across the U.S. and overseas in addition to a multitude of global partnerships.
Among Jewish organizations, AJC is the preeminent leader in the global arena. With a presence in Belgium, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Brazil and Switzerland, AJC’s network of relationships with, and access to, key decision makers and thought leaders on every continent is unmatched. AJC is recognized by foreign leaders, the Israeli and U.S. governments as an effective and trusted interlocutor for Jewish issues, human rights and advocacy for democratic values. Today, AJC proactively tackles the greatest concerns of Jewish communities around the globe.
The Administrative Assistant of AJC’s San Francisco Regional Office assists the Regional Office Director and all other regional staff with the implementation and execution of fundraising activities, advocacy programs and all other regional office events and activities and; assists the Regional Office Director with board member and donor recruitment and retention and create an atmosphere of service for all AJC stakeholders.
- Coordinate all of the logistical details for regional office campaign, including processing of pledges and keeping track of contributions, and inputting lists and data for numerous fundraising events.
- Provide support for the fundraising professionals (this may include: mailings, menu development, Save-The-Date and invitation design, etc.).
- Keep track of RSVPs and donations for each event.
Leadership Development/Community Relations
- Interact with the board, membership and the public.
- Research prospective donors and potential honorees in the community.
General Office Management
- General office duties include answering the phone and taking messages, event support, backing up the computer network, monitoring and maintaining the office and community calendars, keeping inventory of supplies.
- Maintain correspondence, documentation files, including financial reports, relating to regional office projects and programs.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, faxes, and incoming and outgoing mail.
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings and programs including sending invitations, ordering food, keeping track of respondents, and follow up.
- Handle clerical responsibilities such as typing, designing, and layout of general correspondences, annual reports, charts, tables, flyers, newsletters, invitations and brochures.
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Respect for and adherence to confidentiality is required
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Research skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A self-starter, willing to take the initiative
- A team player as well as able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values
- Computer skills required: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge
- Technical Software (such as HR information systems, IT hardware and software, Financial accounting software, etc.)
- Computer proficiency. Willingness to learn new software as necessary.
- Event planning experience including logistics and communications
- Willingness to attend meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
Please submit your application on https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/administrative-assistant-sf-2013/
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer