Posted on February 23, 2013
Dance Films Association
Dance Films Association - Accountant
Dance Films Association seeks an accountant with experience in the nonprofit sector.
The position requires that the accountant:
- Pay approved bills in a timely manner according to the Executive Director
- Prepare financial reports including Budget vs. Actual for organizational budget as well as project budgets, A/P, P&L, balance sheets and other reports upon request.
- Prepare payroll
- Pay payroll taxes and insurance
- Prepare quarterly and annual payroll tax reports
- Reconcile Bank Accounts monthly (Fiscal Sponsorship, General, Paypal)
- Update Executive Director of cash flow issues and bank balances.
- Work with DFA Treasurer and Executive Director to provide accurate reports.
Project specific services include entering the budgeting QuickBooks, breaking the budget out into specific programs, issuing 1099s at year end and preparing for end of the year tax filing.
This independent contractor will work likely 10 hrs/month in 2-4 hours increments, as needed. Flexible schedule required. Rare opportunity to work with a growing nonprofit. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV and coverletter to email@example.com