Posted on February 22, 2013
Senior Director of Development
Grameen Health Innovations
Grameen Health Innovations - Senior Director of Development
Grameen Health Innovations’ (GHI) mission is to test and deliver innovative and comprehensive health care models that combine high-quality affordable primary care, health education, and wellness programs, to empower low-income women to build healthier lives and cultivate healthy communities. GHI is now introducing a comprehensive health care program to address the unmet health needs of low-income women entrepreneurs served by our sister microfinance organization, Grameen America (GA), in New York City.
Since 2008, GA has successfully reached more than 10,000 women in New York City living below the poverty line, the majority of whom are Hispanic immigrants lacking access to care, health insurance, information on healthy living, and preventive services. To meet the needs of this underserved community, GHI is launching a wellness center in Queens in late summer of 2013 that will offer access to primary care, discounted services, and a health promotion program.
Grameen Health Innovations is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Director of Development to build and manage a diversified portfolio of individual, foundation, and corporate donors and prospects. The Senior Director of Development will create strategies for cultivating and soliciting prospects and for managing donors.
The Senior Director of Development will work with the Executive Director, as well as program staff and external colleagues to engage funders and solicit multi-year gifts through in-person solicitations, letters, and grants. The Senior Director of Development is a self-motivated and independent professional with strong relationship building, project management, prospecting, public speaking, and writing skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough understanding of GHI’s mission, values, programs, and finances.
- Develop short and long-term plans and benchmarks for fundraising through individual and team initiatives to ensure reaching annual development goals.
- Design and implement comprehensive cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for prospects and donors.
- Meet in-person with individual funders to cultivate and solicit major gifts.
- Support the involvement of GHI’s executive staff, in high-level solicitations and relationship management with background research, agendas, and follow-up.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and President, work to develop an active Board of Directors, especially engaged in the financial support of the organization's activities and ambitions.
- Plan and execute fundraising and cultivation events for donors and prospects throughout the year.
- Participate in public speaking engagements to promote Grameen Health Innovations’ work.
- Conduct research on potential funding sources; draft and edit LOIs, grant proposals, letters, correspondence, and presentation materials for current and prospective funders.
- Maintain funding database and track relationships and correspondence.
- Establish trust and build strong relationships with prospects, donors, program staff, and key stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree; Master’s Degree or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience in individual, foundation, and/or corporate fundraising or significant private sector experience.
- Deep knowledge of foundation and/or corporate philanthropy grantmaking processes.
- Knowledge of New York philanthropy.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and securing major gifts.
- Experience in creating fundraising goals in collaboration with colleagues, focused on financial projections, budget models, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work well both as a member of a team and independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, including speaking with and writing for donors and creating compelling funding proposals.
- Ability to respond quickly to changes in short-term priorities and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for GHI’s mission and deep interest in working with low-income people, especially women and children.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter stating why you are seeking this position and salary requirements to Allison Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate your name and "Senior Director of Development" in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in Grameen Health Innovations (GHI). Due to high volume of applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. GHI is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salaries and benefits.