Posted on February 21, 2013
Research Partnerships Assistant
Michael J. Fox Foundation
Michael J Fox Foundation - Research Partnerships Assistant
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $313 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment or reserve. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $60 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 70 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
Within MJFF, Research Partnerships helps support the Foundation’s mission of developing new and improved PD therapies through its focus on three activities: 1) developing innovative partnerships and collaborations with pharma, biotech, insurance agencies and medical associations; 2) developing and implementing new strategies to engage patients in clinical research, including management of Fox Trial Finder an online tool that ‘matches’ volunteers to trials; and 3) overseeing and managing the Parkinson’s Progression Markers Initiative (PPMI) – a large-scale clinical study sponsored by MJFF.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Research Partnerships, the Research Partnerships Assistant offers a unique opportunity for a dedicated, highly organized, detail oriented, relationship builder who can help support the various initiatives housed within the department. Key qualities of an outstanding Assistant include strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, a self-starter, positive disposition, nuanced written and verbal communication skills, solid judgment, excellent time management skills as well as an innate sense of pace and urgency. Equally important is the ability to work productively and proactively, both independently and within a team environment.
- Administer incoming Fox Trial Finder and Research Partnerships email inquiries, ensuring timely and effective response as needed
- Lead on answering Fox Trial Finder phone inquiries, including providing ‘customer service’ in addressing problems using the Fox Trial Finder website
- Support Research Partnerships team in creation of stewardship pieces, collateral, PPMI and Fox Trial Finder kits/mailings and other materials
- Lead on production, assembly and distribution of PPMI and Fox Trial Finder mailings/kits to various constituencies
- Maintain inventory of items needed for PPMI and Fox Trial Finder mailings/kits
- Support coordination and planning of PPMI, Fox Trial Finder events as well as other events/meetings
- Support on data entry, data clean-up and running of reports from department database to help facilitate team workflow and relationship management efforts across projects and events
- Support coordination and follow up of teleconferences for various initiatives
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- Undergraduate degree required with competitive academic achievement demonstrated
- Motivated, pro-active, self-directed and creative problem-solver. Must be comfortable with shifting roles and responsibilities – someone who does what it takes to get the job done
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to communicate confidently both within the Foundation and externally
- At home in a team environment, possessing a collaborative, interactive work style with an ability to manage and be managed
- Proficient Microsoft Office and administrative skills required
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send resume and thoughtful cover letter to http://jobsco.re/VZHhAo. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.