Posted on February 18, 2013
G-dcast - Programming Evangelist
Are you entrepreneurial, but want to change the world, not just invent new products? Do you love networking through new communications tools? Do people call you a hub, a connector, a maven or a network weaver?
Join our fast-paced, creative team in San Francisco as an outreach and communications professional. Combine your new media chops, your connector skills and your passion for Jewish education at a startup that brings the best of the tech world together with an ancient and meaningful tradition: Jewish learning.
At this job you’ll drive viewership and downloads of our 80+ videos, mobile apps, eBooks and games through diverse channels, including online and offline networks. You will devise and implement strategies through traditional outreach – phone calls, events, and newsletter writing – as well as through new media tactics. You will help drive our product development cycle through your insights into youth media trends, and help increase revenue to self-power the organization.
If you have 3-5 years of experience in social media, SEO, AdWords, blogging, Facebook page management, creative writing and video editing, then we want to talk to you.
The Programming Evangelist is a full time position in our downtown San Francisco office. This position includes individual healthcare, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and other benefits.
- Program launches (new films, apps, eBooks, workshops, and transmedia experiences) – Research target markets, design launch plans, build buzz and drive viewership through press releases, email marketing, social media, adwords, and develop strategic partnerships with educational institutions.
- Online marketing – Boost views and usage of our videos and products, track the ROI, and adapt marketing strategies over time.
- Email marketing - Compose e-newsletters and boost open and click-through rates.
- Web site management - Update and manage the content of our web site (with the help of a coder and designer.)
- Branding - Be the G-dcast brand ambassador. Make sure our voice is consistent in outreach materials and new products.
- Research – Stay abreast of industry trends in mobile apps and video and propose mission-appropriate products that will perform well in the market, earning revenue for the organization and creating buzz.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Persistent, persuasive, tenacious and resourceful in collaboration and production
- Strong online analytical skills – SEO/AdWords/metrics experience
- Demonstrated success in social media marketing
- Brings enthusiasm and a sense of fun to the workplace
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject field Programming Evangelist.
Please include the following:
1) Description of something you’ve recently promoted (e.g. brand, event, or product) and the steps you took to boost online viewership.
2) Writing sample (e.g. blog entry, e-newsletter, press release, pitch letter) from a job with a similar capacity, or for your personal brand.
This position is available immediately. The salary range is $45,000 – 55,000 depending on experience.
We look forward to meeting you.
G-dcast is a non-profit production company dedicated to raising worldwide Jewish literacy using mobile apps, games and online videos that speak to today’s youth. To date, we have created over 75 short animated films based on Jewish texts - all available for free online - that have been viewed over a million times, plus a diverse slate of entertaining mobile apps. Our companion curricula are in use by over 3000 educators at institutions across the Jewish spectrum and around the world, and our community programming is an exciting new model that mashes up media skillsbuilding and Jewish literacy.