Posted on February 17, 2013
Project Manager (Bilingual)
Global Footprint Network
Global Footprint Network - Project Manager (Bilingual)
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits. Global Footprint Network is currently seeking a Project Manager.
Global Footprint Network is seeking a full time Project Manager to join its team based in Oakland, CA. The selected candidate will primarily work with the North America Team. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Research & Standards and/or the Head of Client Services.
This position provides important support in the fulfillment of Global Footprint Network obligations, managing Application Projects and other types of deliverables as assigned. The post consists of two key roles: 1) project development primarily focused in Latin America; and 2) project management including scoping and implementation to an agreed-to set of timelines and milestones.
The main responsibilities include:
1. Project Development
- Excellent relationship-management skills and a proven ability to build, grow and maintain relationships with clients, partners, sponsors and other external stakeholders. This will involve:
- Maintaining communication and outreach to our network of contacts to keep them up-to-date with our developments and to enable partnerships when project funding opportunities arise
- Continuing to develop already existing relationships with a project focus
- Identify opportunities for projects, collaborations and/or communications and develop concept notes.
- Transition from concept to contract.
2. Project Management
- Proven experience in managing complex projects. This will include but not limited to:
- Managing project teams
- Financial planning
- Developing and monitoring project progress against budgets and timelines
- Task allocation to team members
- Evaluating successes and failures
- The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years work experience in consulting to governments, intergovernmental agencies, and/or corporations;
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in environmentally-related field (environmental sciences, earth science, ecology, ecological economics) or a combination of natural science with social science such as political science, economics or law;
- A minimum of 3 years of research experience in topics related to society's resource metabolism such as human-environment interaction, economy-environment interaction, natural resource management, thermodynamics or energy production systems;
- Track record of successfully developing new client business opportunities in the private, public and/or not-for-profit arena;
- Passion for sustainability and global resource issues;
- Proven ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines; and
- Knowledgeable about environmental sustainability and global resource issues
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellence in professional writing and communication skills;
- Must be a reliable, detail-oriented, self-starter;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Candidates must have a willingness to travel up to 25% to attend meetings, conferences, events, and for project scoping and development.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 403(b) and other benefits are provided. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in an attractive neighborhood with good transit access. Our daily communal lunches are light-hearted and often delicious.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 8, 2013 at 5pm PST.
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com; subject line MUST include the term "Project Manager (bilingual) - PND." No phone calls please.
Global Footprint Network is committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.