Posted on February 13, 2013
Kingsborough Community College
Kingsborough Community College - Development Manager/Higher Education Assistant
Location/Department: College Advancement
Position Detail: Managerial and Professional
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation: $55,602 - $57,709
Web Site: www.kbcc.cuny.edu
Notice Number: 6885
Closing Date: February 28, 2013
- Plans and manages College fundraising strategy and operations.
- Implements and monitors comprehensive resource development program; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures.
- Fulfills specific goals and targets based on individual portfolio.
- Assists Director with developing funding strategies and assessing outcomes.
- Oversees annual and/or major gift activities to support strategic plan.
- Maintains relationships with donors and sponsoring organizations to cultivate and maintain funding.
- Prepares financial reports for management; may write grant proposals.
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Must be a very strong writer. Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time. Must be deadline, detail and budget oriented, highly motivated, and demonstrate steadfast initiative. A strong knowledge of Raisers Edge Software, MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and website design preferred. Knowledge of segmentation, development writing, solicitation material design and database management. Experience in identifying qualifying, soliciting, and stewarding individual, corporate, and foundation prospects desired. Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the Employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 6885 or Title (Development Manager). Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.