Posted on February 13, 2013
Development Specialist/Higher Education Assistant
Kingsborough Community College
Kingsborough Community College - Development Specialist/Higher Education Assistant
- Contributes to organizing and administering College fundraising activities.
- Manages research of potential funding sponsors.
- Tracks and analyzes giving trends; prepares financial and ad-hoc reports.
- Conducts data quality audits.
- Oversees preparation of fundraising communication materials.
- Writes grant proposals.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates fundraising strategies.
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Maintains the College's constituent database administration, including effective management of donor records.
- Follows procedures, policies and rules for data entry into the constituent database.
- Serves as liaison to the college budget office for the reconciliation of contributions and custodial account expenses.
- Supervises the data entry of all gifts; ensures accuracy of all gift information entered.
- Generates data extractions as needed.
- Provides training to new system users.
- Prepares all reports as they relate to the data.
- Compiles and prepares various data for reports and analyses.
- Assists with prospect research.
- Prepares pre- and post-solicitation materials.
- Assists the college fundraising efforts when appropriate.
- Assists in all aspects of the operation of the Office of College Advancement.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Four years of higher education experience required; preferably with emphasis on community college. Must be a very strong writer. Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time. Must be deadline, detail and budget oriented, highly motivated, and demonstrate steadfast initiative. A strong knowledge of Raisers Edge Software, MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and website design preferred. Knowledge of segmentation, development writing, solicitation material design and database management. Experience in identifying qualifying, soliciting, and stewarding individual, corporate, and foundation prospects desired. Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the Employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID 7288 or Title (Development Specialist/Higher Education Assistant). Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.