Posted on February 11, 2013
Visitor Services Coordinator (Temp.)
Asian Art Museum
Asian Art Museum - Visitor Services Coordinator
Temporary Full Time Position through May 30, 2013
Work schedule Wednesday through Sunday, including Thursday evenings
Experience the Eighth Wonder of the World at arm's length!
In anticipation of the upcoming blockbuster exhibition: China's Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor's Legacy, the Asian Art Museum is seeking an experienced customer service professional to assist in the administration and operations of a busy Visitor Services department. Reporting to the Visitor Services Manager, the incumbent will perform a variety of operational, administrative, and clerical duties to support the Admissions and Group Visits areas.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, flexible, patient, and highly organized, with excellent problem solving and customer service skills. Incumbent must be willing to work a full time schedule for the duration of the assignment, the schedule will include Thursday evenings and weekends.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Creates, updates, and maintains accurate ticket inventories/capacities for all admission events and programs.
- Sells and/or processes tickets for onsite, online, phone, will-call, members, and other guests.
- Records information and runs attendance and admissions reports.
- Performs a variety of cash handling duties including verifying the banks of staff at the beginning and end of shifts; verifies deposits prepared by staff and reviews payment and refund reports to ensure that all reports and banks are balanced at day end.
- Assists with reservations, scheduling, processing reservations, and payment of groups.
- Helps oversee the appearance and operations of the admissions area, information desk, and coat check; coordinates with operations staff to ensure all public and support areas are maintained.
- Ensures the signage and stanchions are accurate and located appropriately.
- Oversees supply, distribution, and display of collateral.
- Monitors visitor flow and makes adjustments to floor operations to ensure that there is adequate distribution of staff and volunteers to accommodate visitor needs
- Coordinates efficient queuing to ensure timely entry into exhibition spaces.
- Conducts daily briefings for staff and volunteers to communicate accurate information.
- Coordinates staff and volunteer operations to distribute, clean, retrieve, store, and ensure re-entry of assisted listening devices for tours, lectures, and programs
- Trains all staff and volunteers to effectively promote sales of multimedia devices and instruct visitors how to use them.
- Performs a wide variety of clerical duties in the Visitor Services office.
- Two (2) years of experience as a vendor, cashier, or comparable position, with customer service and cash handling daily basis.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent cash handling skills; ability to make accurate cash transactions, including experience with ticketing or Point of Sale systems.
- Ability to demonstrate a neat and courteous appearance to museum visitors.
- Ability to: work well with staff, volunteers, members, and the general public; accurately, effectively, and enthusiastically communicate information regarding exhibition and museum procedures to museum visitors; represent the museum, its activities and programs in a positive, proactive manner.
- Ability to: use good judgment and respond effectively in handling crowds and waiting lines; remain calm under pressure.
- Conscientious, flexible team player; punctual, honest, and reliable.
$18.43 per hour
Note: due to the temporary nature of this position, it does not include a benefits package
The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 17,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity.
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.
Apply at www.asianart.org or http://bitly.com/XqTduB
Send a letter of interest and resume ASAP to:
Asian Art Museum
200 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102