Posted on February 11, 2013
Contract Grantwriter (Part-Time)
NEHI - Contract Grantwriter (Part-Time)
NEHI is a national health policy institute, headquartered in Cambridge, MA, focused on enabling innovation to improve health care quality and lower health care costs. In partnership with members from all across the health care system, NEHI conducts evidence-based research and stimulates policy change to improve the quality and the value of health care. Together with this unparalleled network of committed health care leaders, NEHI brings an objective, collaborative and fresh voice to health policy. For more information, visit www.nehi.net.
NEHI is seeking a grant writer to assist in attaining funding both from private foundations and federal agencies. The successful candidate will support NEHI by identifying and reviewing grant opportunities and preparing written grant proposals for corporate, foundation and government funders. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with NEHI senior staff in writing, editing and submitting funding proposals that meet all requirements by funders. Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct prospect research to identify funding sources and opportunities from federal agencies, corporate and private foundations that align with NEHI’s mission and program focus
- Perform searches (using the Foundation Center as well as other sources) to identify newly released grant opportunities, requests for proposals and other funding mechanisms NEHI can leverage and to identify new funding prospects.
- Develop and write letters of inquiry and full proposals requesting funds to support NEHI’s programs.
- Develop a template that can be used to obtain letters of support from potential partners
- Prepare presentations (if necessary) to be presented to foundations and/or corporations
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
Minimum 5 years work experience in preparing successful grant proposals for non-profit organizations
Strong knowledge of health policy and/or health care
Experience in securing successful funding from health and health care-related foundations
Success in attaining federal funding from at least one the following sources (strongly preferred): Health and Human Services, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Centers for Disease Control, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service
Must be able to translate value of mission-driven organization into value for potential funders
Superior written and verbal communication skills
Quick learner, able to get up to speed on a wide variety of health care and health policy issues to identify intersections between potential funding opportunities and NEHI’s work
Must be a team player
Comfortable working in entrepreneurial environment
Self-starter with strong initiative, drive and ability to meet deadlines
Please send the following materials to:
Senior Program Director
One Broadway, 15th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02142
Please include “NEHI Grant Writer” in the subject line.
- Cover Letter (one page)
- Qualifications Summary: Include past summaries and/or narratives of your relevant experience, organized by type of experience (limit to two pages)