Posted on February 8, 2013
Director of Grants and Sponsored Research
Lake Forest College
Lake Forest College - Director of Grants and Sponsored Research
Responsible for preparing proposals for foundations, corporations, government agencies and other sources to secure funding for institutional programs and faculty research; works closely with faculty and staff to develop grant proposals and budgets; supervises the submission of grant applications; and oversees post-award grants management. Reports jointly to the Dean of the Faculty and the Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Identify external funding sources for institutional initiatives and faculty research projects.
- Work with faculty, staff, and administration to develop proposals and solicit support for institutional projects.
- Provide guidance on policies and procedures that govern federally funded grants to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Track grant-reporting deadlines and work with faculty and staff to ensure timely submission of reports.
- In collaboration with the Business Office, provide oversight of grant budgets.
- Assist with stewardship of grant-awarding agencies.
- Work with the Office of Communications and Marketing to disseminate news about successful grant awards and other externally funded institutional initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Five year’s experience in grant writing and grants administration, including federal grant applicationsand reporting.
- Demonstrated familiarity with federal guidelines.
- Exceptional writing and research skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff to develop proposals and manage grants.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, portfolio of grants secured, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women and other members of historically underrepresented groups.