Posted on February 8, 2013
Catholic Community Foundation of Santa Clara County
Catholic Community Foundation of Santa Clara Count - Program Manager
About Us: We are a faith based community foundation, working to develop endowed funds to support the outreach and ministries of the Catholic community. We are “small but mighty,” in start-up mode as we build our business. We are passionate about increasing Catholic philanthropy in support of our ministries and the people they serve. We are committed to our vision, and also to having fun as we work to implement that vision. We are an independent 501(c)(3) organization, separate from the Diocese of San Jose.
Position Objective: To perform program management functions for fund development and grantmaking within the values of the Catholic Church and in support of the mission of The Catholic Community Foundation.
Location: San Jose
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support for development functions, including but not limited to research, maintenance of electronic donor files and paper files, preparation of agreements, recording of gifts, and all related correspondence
- Manage the competitive grants program, including but not limited to application announcements, acceptance of applications and database entry, coordination of applications for review by the Grants Committee, notifications to grantees, agreement processing, documentation of payments, and collection of final reports
- Provide support and coordination for fund distributions including record-keeping and correspondence related to annual endowment, scholarships, and donor advised funds
- Update appropriate areas of the website as needed
- Support committee meetings and events through meeting reminders, maintenance of correspondence, attendance tracking, mailing, event preparation, and coordination of catering
- Attend development and grants related meetings to record, prepare, and distribute minutes
- Provide timely customer service to all constituents of the Foundation
- Attend related Foundation and constituent events as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Development Officer and/or Executive Director
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- An understanding of Catholic stewardship and philanthropy and a desire to serve and assist others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with all constituents
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word Excel, and Outlook; database experience/knowledge preferred, including Access and Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, and the ability to remember names, faces and constituent relationship information and history
- Flexibility in adapting to changing needs and multiple assignments
- The ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment or independently
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to everyday situations, prioritize assignments, and carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- The ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who also have the following:
- Understanding of the parish structure and workings within the Diocese of San Jose
- Experience in the development office of a philanthropic organization
- Proficiency with website management (e.g. wordpress)
- Experience working at a Foundation
- Experience working with legal agreements
Position reports to: Executive Director
Working environment: The Catholic Community Foundation of Santa Clara County is an equal opportunity employer. This is a forty-hour per week non-exempt position in a small but growing office. The hours for this position vary and do occasionally require evening and weekend work. The Catholic Community Foundation is a smoke-free facility.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Info@cfoscc.org