Posted on February 8, 2013
American Farmland Trust
American Farmland Trust - Membership Coordinator
The Membership Coordinator acts as a crucial member of the Fundraising and Communications Division, supporting the goals and objectives for American Farmland Trust’s membership direct mail, phone and online fundraising. This includes donor stewardship, project management, and some content creation for donor cultivation. Provides support for fundraising events. Reports to the Manager of Member Engagement and Communications.
- Coordinates with the Manager of Member Engagement and Communications all cultivation activities both online and in the mail including, the monthly Farm Fresh News online newsletter, annual report, Thanksgiving card, Bounty of the Land gift, and the quarterly American Farmland print newsletter.
- Provides support for fundraising and cultivation events, including support for the America’s Favorite Farmers Markets contest events.
- Ongoing fundraising and stewardship of AFT’s $1,000 - $2,499 donors (The Barnraiser’s Society) including coordinating and/or implementing the process for gift acknowledgements, solicitations, and cultivations.
- Provides weekly reporting on major donor and planned gift prospects to the Vice President of Development, including maintaining a thank you call list, and helping to identify donors within the membership program with capacity to be moved up the giving ladder.
- Helps ensure that the highest of quality customer service is provided for major donors and The Barnraiser’s Society. Responds to postal mail and email correspondence from donors daily, ensuring a timely response. Assures that the frequently asked Q & A maintained on the website is current.
- Helps to coordinate donor acknowledgement and premium fulfillment to be sure materials are current and that contributors receive premiums and are thanked in a timely manner.
- Represents American Farmland Trust at EarthShare events when feasible and helps implement a marketing plan to expand participation.
- Enters data into the Raiser’s Edge database including name and address updates. Assists in periodic data cleanups and other data hygiene projects as needed.
- Provides support formatting and preparing internal documents for executive team and board of directors.
- Helps collect and disseminate member and donor testimonials.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree plus 2+ years of hands-on experience in a production and/or fundraising role required. Excellent writing skills and professional phone demeanor are a must. Strong computer skills required, including experience with MS Word and Excel. Experience with Convio and Raisers Edge or similar database highly preferred. Self-motivated, detail-oriented, solid written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required. The ability to work independently, as well as under supervision and the ability to meet deadlines required. Must be able to prioritize tasks and construct responses to members and donors using discretion and good judgment.
To apply for this positions please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org