Posted on February 7, 2013
Program Associate (Part-Time)
PAWS NY - Program Associate (Part-Time)
PAWS NY is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to preserve, support, and nurture the human-animal bond for those most vulnerable in our community. We focus on helping seniors, individuals with disabilities, and individuals suffering from permanent or temporary illness.
At PAWS NY, we envision a society that honors the vital role that pets have on the lives and well-being of humans, where a lack of ability never threatens to separate individuals from their animal companions, and where the physical, emotional and social benefits of the human-animal bond are incorporated into health care and social services.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.pawsny.org!
This is a one-year position with the possibility of extension or full-time should we secure the funding. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Program Associate (Associate) will be responsible for program management. A new position at PAWS NY, the Associate will have the opportunity to take a leadership role within a growing organization. As the second staff person to be brought on, the Associate will also be responsible for assisting in other areas when the need arises.
- Client intake and management: source new clients, oversee intake procedures and conduct phone and home visit evaluations with prospective clients, orchestrate logistics of matching, follow up with clients regularly, update/maintain database
- Volunteer management: recruit candidates, promote and lead orientation sessions, perform reference and background checks, manage relationships, update/maintain database
- Develop and implement ongoing procurement and delivery systems for PAWS Pet Pantry
- Expand partnership network and provide clients access to resources as appropriate
- Assist with other areas of need, including but not limited to, administration and fundraising support
- BA (required); MA, MSW or MPH (a plus)
- 2+ years experience in program management and/or volunteer management
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas as needed
- Must be highly organized, friendly, detail-oriented, and have ability to function independently
- Must have experience with animals and interest in working with seniors and others in need
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Program Associate Application"