Posted on February 7, 2013
Associate Director for Major Gifts
Conservation Lands Foundation
Conservation Lands Foundation - Associate Director for Major Gifts
The Conservation Lands Foundation is launching a $20 million, four-year comprehensive fundraising campaign in January 2013. The purpose of this volunteer-led campaign is to raise funds for our core programs, diversify revenue sources and sustain programs into the future. The Conservation Lands Foundation seeks an experienced development professional to help make our comprehensive fundraising campaign a success. The Associate Director for Major Gifts is responsible for meeting specific annual revenue goals and contributing to the overall achievement of our development team’s goals to raise $20 million from Jan 1, 2013 through December 31, 2016.
The Associate Director for Major Gifts will develop and manage an active portfolio of up to 100 current and prospective major donors with annual giving capacities between $10,000 and $50,000. In addition, s/he will work closely with CLF staff, board and volunteer leaders to develop targeted giving opportunities for major donors.
Visit our website www.conservationlands.org for full job description
- Are committed to the Conservation Lands Foundation’s mission and are knowledgeable of the issues and opportunities surrounding public land conservation;
- Have five or more years of experience in effective fund development and passion for major gifts fundraising;
- Demonstrate a proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and sustaining positive relationships with donors resulting in annual gifts between $1,000 and $50,000;
- Have knowledge of, and embrace development principles, fundraising strategies and ethics;
- Are experienced in effectively managing, coaching and supporting board members and volunteers in major gifts fundraising;
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Associate Director for Major Gifts” to email@example.com. No phone calls please.