Posted on February 6, 2013
NYC Partnerships Coordinator
Move This World
Move This World - NYC Partnerships Coordinator
Move This World uses creative movement to address and transform conflict, violence, and bullying in communities worldwide.
See below for application details. Deadline: February 18, 2013
NY Partnerships Coordinator Responsibilities include:
- Researching, building and maintaining relationships with partner institutions in NYC and NJ region (ex. conducting check-ins with current partners)
- Executing outreach plans and recruiting new partners in NYC and NJ region
- Creating proposals and pitches for MTW programs and product lines
- Working with partners to creatively plan budgets for programming
- Coordinating ad-hoc tasks and projects as needed, including visiting and observing MTW classrooms and supporting U.S. Programs<
NY Partnerships Coordinator Requirements:
- A desire to build and expand the number of schools and communities that can use creativity and movement to affect social change
- 1-3 years of work experience. Experience in startup role and business development considered a plus
- Flexibility in ambiguous and dynamically changing environments
- Entrepreneurial and “can-do” attitude. A love for tackling tough problems and the confidence to solve them
- Experience in partnership cultivation and development
- Acute attention to detail
- Position is based in NYC but willingness to travel is a must
- Familiarity with NYC landscape and NYC schools a plus
- Excellent technology proficiency, including the use of Google Docs, Salesforce, and social media
- Great enthusiasm to try new methods and chart new waters
- Distinctive interpersonal and communication skills
Joining the Move This World team means:
- Being a member of a fun, talented team that empowers you while giving you the freedom to be creative and help shape the organization
- Full time salary & benefits, plus unlimited Subway, cell phone stipend & dance parties
- The fulfillment of spending time on high-impact work that is defining the future of movement-based empathy education
- Waking up excited every morning that you are building a worldwide movement
- Cooking up big ideas (and implementing them!) with a diverse, inspiring team across 4 continents
A MTW Disclaimer—All of our positions require individuals with an entrepreneurial mind who are able to navigate ambiguity, take matters into their own hands, take risks, learn things they don’t know, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. That might mean working until midnight with the team, reading hundreds of PeaceMover applications, helping coordinate our Global Training Summit, dancing your booty off, crunching numbers in Excel, and going out of your way to share the MTW story with the world. If this sounds like you, share your story with us and submit an application today!
About Move This World: Move This World is a global nonprofit that uses creative movement as a vehicle to transform conflict, violence and bullying in communities. Recognizing that an individual in motion can ignite a global movement, MTW focuses specifically on empowering citizens with the social and emotional skills needed to create peace within themselves, in their interactions, and in their communities. Our hallmark program is an innovative, evidence-informed curriculum that engages students Pre-K-12 in movement-based activities that promote empathy, mediation skills, diversity appreciation, anger management, and conflict transformation. Through partnerships with schools, community centers, and families, Move This World is building and connecting more peaceful communities in the United States in Baltimore, Newark, New York City and Washington DC and internationally in Colombia, Germany, and the Philippines. To date, Move This World has worked with over 8,500 indiv iduals across 22 cities on four continents. Our vision is to ignite global social change through the art of movement.
We are Ashoka Activating Empathy Award winners, a Global Shaper with the World Economic Forum, a Youth Leader with the Inter-American Development Bank and Beyond Sport Award Finalists. We are building a network of intercultural exchange in peacebuilding and violence prevention through creative movement. We envision a world where creative movement redefines how we build cultures of empathy, teach and learn.
Join our movement online:
If you accept the challenge to Move This World:
Apply by sending an email to email@example.com by Feb 18, 2013 with subject line “POSITION YOU’RE APPLYING FOR- Your Name” along with 2 attachments: 1) resume and 2) a letter to us describing why you want to join Team MTW.