Posted on February 6, 2013
Training and Development Coordinator
Arc of San Diego
Arc of San Diego - Training and Development Coordinator
The Arc of San Diego, a private, not-for-profit Corporation, is one of the region's largest human-service agencies. Founded in 1951 by a determined group of people who felt they had to "do something" for children with development disabilities, Arc blends a long history of service with a national reputation for success. Today, we are guided by the same sense of purpose and dedication that inspired those parents over fifty-five years ago.
The Arc of San Diego is committed to its employees by offering an outstanding work environment, which affords them every opportunity to thrive and grow both professionally and personally.
Overall responsibility is to develop and implement quality training programs for continuous learning, professional growth and organizational effectiveness that reflect the needs and changing responsibilities of the organization, consumers, and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates new staff orientation training.
- Coordinates in-house and outside training for staff as requested through the training requisition process.
- Assists with developing in-house training programs when the need exist.
- Coordinates with Supervisor the organization-wide online training program.
- Maintains training records for staff. Includes entering all records into HRIS.
- Tracks certifications and trainings due for all employees and coordinates with supervisors.
- Trainer for CPR/First Aid/AED’s, Pro-Act in addition to varies Federal and State required trainings.
- Demonstrates on a daily basis the organization’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Ensures safety and welfare of staff and consumers and follows adopted procedures in order to report accidents, hazards, incidents, or unsafe conditions to immediate supervisor.
- .Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent with 2-years related experience in Human Resources. Must possess a current CPR/First Aid Trainer and Pro-Act Trainer certification throughout the duration of employment. Must have a valid California Drivers license, have 24 months of driving experience, and be able to transport consumers in an Arc vehicle.
Please apply online at www.arc-sd.com