Posted on February 6, 2013
Media Relations and Communications Manager
World of Children Award
World of Children Award - Media Relations and Communications Manager
The World of Children Award is seeking a savvy communications leader who has a proven track record of attracting media visibility in a competitive marketplace. This is a full time position.
The World of Children Award is the only global recognition program exclusively for people who are pioneering life changing programs for children in need. Hailed by the media as the Nobel Prize for child advocates, the World of Children Award searches the globe for incredible changemakers and provides them with recognition and funding to expand their program. Since its inception in 1998, the World of Children Award has shared more than $5 million in cash grants and support for the work of our 95 Honorees, assuring funds for the life-changing programs they have established supporting children in more than 140 countries.
- Oversee development and implementation of an annual communications and media relations plan and activities, assuring strong focused message for emerging brand. Lead all media and PR efforts.
- Responsible for assuring brand receives high levels of media attention worldwide from major news outlets, year-round.
- Coordinates with the Executive Director, Board, and all other team members to assure the overall communication effectiveness of the organization, maximizing every opportunity for consistent, bold communication efforts with both internal and external audiences.
- Primary external working relationship is with high-level media. Also serves as primarily liaison with any external media advisors retained.
- Coordinate all media interest in the organization, ensure regular contact with target media and provide compelling responses to media requests.
- Coordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with other team members responsible for related messaging efforts including donor communications (Executive Director) and all web based communications (Online Marketing Manager).
- Initiate new ways to attract, grow, and communicate with our growing global community of supporters.
HOURS: Full Time – 40 hours/week – starting March 1, 2013
- Minimum 5-7 years of success in the design and execution of effective media relations and brand communications.
- Demonstrated success in delivering media visibility.
- Demonstrated success in creating relationships with media, and preparing effective content that is compelling for all types of media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of effective print materials and publications.
- Excellent communication skills in person, online, on the phone and in writing.
- Excellent ability with, and affinity for, managing details.
- Ability to multi-task, and oversee a wide variety of projects at one time.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field required.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, team player.
OFFICE: Pleasanton – short walking distance from West Dublin/Pleasanton BART Station
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. Salary history must be provided by candidates.
No phone calls. Send resume and formal letter that showcases your writing skills and highlights why you are a good match for our organization to the Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org