Posted on February 1, 2013
Senior Project Facilitator
Root Cause - Senior Project Facilitator
Established in 2004, Root Cause is a nonprofit consulting and research firm that partners with nonprofits, philanthropy, government, and business to advance solutions to today’s toughest social issues. We are committed to shaping the future of social problem-solving, believing that sustainable social impact is possible if leaders from all sectors can work together to distribute resources based on performance. Visit http://www.rootcause.org for more information.
Since 2010, Root Cause has led project management and facilitation of the Youth Violence Prevention Funder Learning Collaborative, an initiative of the State Street Foundation.
The Youth Violence Prevention (YVP) Funder Learning Collaborative is a network of businesses, foundations, government agency funders, and key experts formed to share knowledge, identify funding gaps and promote dialogue to help funders and businesses coordinate and strategically align their funding. Visit http://www.bostonyvpfunders.org for more information.
Root Cause is seeking a seasoned professional and action-oriented individual to join the Root Cause team to support the YVP Funder Collaborative. The individual will lead planning and facilitation of three issue-based working groups, funder convenings, as well as provide overall strategic input into the Collaborative. This is an excellent opportunity to work collaboratively with a large and diverse network of funders in Boston who are on the cutting edge of ways to align funding for an interdisciplinary social issue.
Candidates should have:
- Three or more years of direct private grant making experience or have worked directly with foundations. Strong preference for individuals with foundation grant making experience in youth violence prevention, workforce development, youth development, mentoring and/or family support and mental health. A track record of working in collaboration with private funders (ie. to take collective action, promote knowledge exchange, etc) is a plus.
- Strong facilitation and problem solving skills; ability to manage diverse perspectives and partner with others to drive shared decision-making towards actions to meet measurable goals.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to draw connections among multiple strands of work.
- Experience working together and building strong relationships with leaders in different fields and at different levels of responsibility. Individual must have a track record of gaining trust of, and working effectively with, senior leadership teams.
- Consulting experience, including selling consulting engagements.
Please note: This position is part time, but depending on consulting experience could be full time.
- Lead planning and provide facilitation quarterly for three Working Groups:
- Workforce Development and Education
- Youth Development and Mentoring
- Family Supports and Mental Health
- Lead planning and provide facilitation for quarterly Funder Investment meetings
- Work with Root Cause and State Street leadership on implementation of yearly strategic objectives and goals
Root Cause/One Canal Park, 3rd Floor/Cambridge, MA 02141/ 617.492.2300/ www.rootcause.org
To apply for this position, please complete our online application at: http://rootcause.org/careers. For any questions about the online form or your application, please email Stephanie Koh (firstname.lastname@example.org).