Posted on January 31, 2013
Associate Director of Philanthropy
Nature Conservancy - Associate Director of Philanthropy
The Nature Conservancy in Massachusetts seeks a driven Associate Director of Philanthropy to work within a team to assist in the creation and implementation of strategies for the ongoing cultivation of donors capable of major and/or deferred gifts to support emerging State-based, regional and global conservation priorities. S/he will develop and manage a portfolio of 50-75 major gift prospects, including individuals, corporate, foundation, and other institutional donors. In addition, the Massachusetts Chapter is currently in a $50 million comprehensive private fundraising campaign, and the Associate Director of Philanthropy will have an integral role in raising associated funds. This is an out the door fundraising role that requires extensive prospect strategy and follow-up with entities capable of giving six and seven figure gifts. S/he will work with executive and conservation staff in local, regional and international programs to engage donors. Finally, s/he must be curi ous and self-motivated to learn domestic and global conservation strategies and become adept at linking the two.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field and 7 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Major gifts fundraising experience required.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Effective interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- Successful experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, particularly in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving. Working knowledge or ability to learn basics of charitable gift planning.
- Successful experience in asking for and closing major gifts of $ 25,000 or more and building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents such as major donors and corporations.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and marshal resources. Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to positively influence and persuade.
For more details and to apply, please search for Job #40780 at www.nature.org/careers.