Posted on January 31, 2013
Development Associate, Events and Communications
Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care Foundation
Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care Foundation - Development Associate, Events and Communications
Job Description Summary
The Development Associate – Events Administration & Communications is responsible for communications, events administration, and support of fundraising functions of the Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care Foundation.
Reports To: Foundation Development Director
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Core Values
- Demonstrates compassion by understanding the needs of those he/she serves and does all he/she can to meet those needs with kindness and generosity.
- Demonstrates integrity by maintaining high ethical standards, being open and honest with his/her words and actions, and having the courage always to do the right thing.
- Demonstrates teamwork by committing to working together toward success. The strength of the team is in each individual member and the strength of each member is in the team.
- Demonstrates excellence by striving to be the best in everything he/she does.
- Primary responsibilities
Provides administration for all events, including Mother's Day, Men's Reception, Regatta, Chairman's Council, Samaritan Society, Angels Among Us, and other events, as required
Researches and develops corporate partnership opportunities
Manages Foundation communications, including the design, printing and distribution of magazines, annual report, appeals, collateral materials, and other required communications pieces
Manages Foundation webpages and social media
Runs detailed reports, performs analysis, and prepares presentations associated with communications and events
Organizes and maintains Foundation communication and event files – written and digital
Exercises discretion and independent judgment while performing job responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- is passionate about the mission of the organization;
- is a self-starter who is highly organized and detail-oriented;
- uses independent judgment to produce a quality work product within tight time constraints;
- has high professional standards, and communicates with diplomacy and tact;
- has excellent computer skills, including strong competency with Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign;
- has ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve department goals;
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively to further the performance of the overall team;
- is able to juggle a variety of tasks, clearly defining priorities, and manage time efficiently; and
- has a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in office administration (preferably in a development or foundation office).
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to push/pull 200 lbs
- Ability to stoop, bend, and squat
- Ability to walk up one flight of stairs
- Ability to walk one mile
- Ability to sit for one hour minimum
- Visual acuity
- Audio acuity
To read more about this position and apply on-line, please visit us at www.vnhcsb.org or come by and fill out an application at Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care, "The Best Place To Work In Santa Barbara!", 512 Gutierrez Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93103. EOE