Posted on February 1, 2013
Ascencia - Development Manager
DESCRIPTION: The Development Manager is responsible for implementing the Ascencia’s fund development strategy, working closely with the Executive Director, including the design and conduct of Ascencia’s first campaign.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SALARY: $40,000 - 55,000, depending on experience; plus benefits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently conduct the day-to-day management and implementation of activities pertaining to fund development and fundraising.
- With Executive Director and Board, develop annual fundraising plan and budget.
- With Executive Director, plan and implement all activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources.
- Make initial contacts, arrange meetings for Executive Director and follow-through.
- Build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors and local businesses.
- Writing a variety of materials, including newsletters, promotional materials, correspondence.
- Track and document all activities related to fund development.
- Generate new ideas, special events and business opportunities to increase fundraising.
- Develop revenue/expense reports for all fundraiser events, follow up with event participants.
- Represent Ascencia at community meetings, outreach events and other community settings.
- Generate awareness through news stories, press opportunities and social media.
Education and Experience:
- 4 year degree in humanities, business or related field.
- At least three years’ experience in nonprofit fund development.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret information and instructions, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate work methods and to exercise appropriate judgment in establishing priorities and work methods.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations and deal tactfully with the public, City/State employees, businesses and to work independently and in team
Qualifications and Requirements for this Position:
The candidate must be detail-oriented and have solid project management skills. This position requires proficiency in:
- Personal computer systems and basic office equipment, including use of donor databases.
- Office systems, practices, and administration.
- Applying policies, procedures and regulations.
- Must be insurable and provide own transportation for work-related travel as necessary.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In subject line please enter: Development Manager.
Deadline for submission: open until filled.