Posted on January 31, 2013
Fundraising Manager, Foundations
Global Footprint Network
Global Footprint Network - Fundraising Manager, Foundations
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits. Global Footprint Network is currently seeking a Fundraising Manager - Foundations.
Global Footprint Network is seeking a full time Fundraising Manager - Foundations who can manage multiple deadlines, is organized, and is a compelling writer that will expedite the strategic expansion of the organization's foundation fundraising activities and become an integral partner with the Senior Manager, External Affairs. This position will move the organization to the next level of visibility and success within the foundation community, and this person must be particularly gifted in building long-lasting relationships with funders. This position will be responsible for writing, managing and executing all activities related to grant submissions for Global Footprint Network's annual fundraising. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will work closely with the President. Additionally, this person will collaborate with staff throughout the organization to develop project ideas, create compelling language for proposals and repo rts, and ensure that grant objectives are met.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching and applying for foundation funding that comprises approximately 50% of Global Footprint Network's annual fundraising objective for 2013.
- Partnering with Vice President of Operations to maintain good relationships with foundation officers.
- Ensuring that grant objectives are accomplished within parameters outlined by the grant which includes integrating grant objectives, tracking progress toward objectives within the organization and producing reports required by the funder.
- Researching, writing, assembling, reviewing and submitting all LOIs, grant applications, and foundation reports within deadlines.
- Conducting meetings to identify and prioritize project needs and coordinate grant preparation assignments with program staff.
- Providing timely advice and information to Vice President of Operations, President, and program staff on funding opportunities, requirements and procedures.
- Attending foundation meetings and liaising with foundation officers as appropriate.
- Serving as a resource to the President and other staff on foundation funding programs and opportunities, providing information, research, analysis, written reports and recommendations as needed.
- Assisting the Vice President of Operations in identifying new foundation opportunities for Global Footprint Network in the US and abroad.
- Working with Vice President of Operations to assess a broader scope of fundraising opportunities such as expanded online fundraising, campaign fundraising and other financing models.
- Participating in other special projects, tasks and initiatives as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in foundation fundraising: campaigns, appeals, and grant writing, or a combination.
- Proven knowledge of foundation grant application processes, donor cultivation, and fundraising databases.
- Knowledgeable about environmental sustainability and global resource issues.
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Excellence in professional writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be a reliable, detail-oriented, self-starter.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Fluency in a second language is desirable, but not required.
- Articulate and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, self-confidence and initiative.
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in continuing to develop skills and learning from others.
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute when necessary on projects outside of own department.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships.
- Sense of humor.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 403(b) and other benefits are provided. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in a neighborhood with good transit access.
Deadline: Friday, February 8, 2013 @ 5pm PST
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line MUST include the term "Fundraising Manager - Foundations." No phone calls please. Global Footprint Network is committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.