Posted on January 30, 2013
Arc of San Diego
Arc of San Diego - Residential Specialist
The Arc of San Diego, a private, not-for-profit Corporation, is one of the region's largest human-service agencies. Founded in 1951 by a determined group of people who felt they had to "do something" for children with development disabilities, Arc blends a long history of service with a national reputation for success. Today, we are guided by the same sense of purpose and dedication that inspired those parents over fifty-five years ago.
The Arc of San Diego is committed to its employees by offering an outstanding work environment, which affords them every opportunity to thrive and grow both professionally and personally.
Supports and teaches persons with developmental disabilities to achieve formal and informal objectives for activities of daily life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides continuous active treatment and supervision to all consumers.
- Assists Residential House Supervisor weekly with food/supplies and inventory.
- Assists consumers in meal preparation, house cleaning, and personal hygiene.
- Implements and documents program for all consumers.
- Assists consumers with toileting needs (i.e. changing diapers and changing linens) and other areas of personal care.
- Prepares breakfast, lunch and dinner according to menu and individual consumer’s diet.
- Dispenses medications according to doctor’s orders and checks vital signs.
- Transports consumers to and from day programs and social/recreational activities.
- Follows recreational calendar and assists consumers while in the community.
- Maintains condition of the vehicle including completing agency vehicle daily inspection reports.
- Attends core staff meetings and completes three (3) hours of in-service training per month.
- Performs bed check every 2 hours (if applicable).
- Assists Supervisor with quarterly safety drills (fire, emergency).
- Demonstrates on a daily basis the organization’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Ensures safety and welfare of staff and consumers and follows adopted procedures in order to report accidents, hazards, incidents, or unsafe conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with 6 months of hands-on direct care experience with persons with developmental disabilities. Must possess a current CPR/First Aid certification throughout the duration of employment. Must have a valid California Drivers license, have 24 months of driving experience, and be able to transport consumers in an Arc vehicle.
Please apply online at www.arc-sd.com