Posted on January 30, 2013
Associate, Media and Outreach
Global Footprint Network
Global Footprint Network - Associate, Media and Outreach
Global Footprint Network promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. Together with our partners, we coordinate research, develop methodological standards, and provide decision makers with robust resource accounts to help the human economy operate within the Earth's ecological limits. Global Footprint Network is currently seeking an Associate, Media & Outreach.
Global Footprint Network is seeking an Associate, Media & Outreach to help plan, conduct, and coordinate a range of marketing and communications activities that support and promote the work of Global Footprint Network to the media, policymakers, local communities, and the general public. He/She will handle press inquiries; coordinate media campaigns; write op-eds; write and edit for the newsletter, website and social media; prepare marketing materials; support development communications; and contribute to report production and special projects. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Communications.
Specific responsibilities include:
Web site and e-communications
- Update and maintain an engaging website, including the site's blog.
- Oversee social media content and strategy.
- Communicate with stakeholders, i.e. responding to phone inquiries, web/email inquiries, media requests, etc.
- Draft, edit, and deliver online communications including press releases, email blasts, blog articles and newsletters.
- Research and identify new online opportunities to engage key audiences including web-based social networking, podcasting, Webcasting, and multi-media tools.
Media and marketing
- Assist with the implementation of marketing/PR plans for top initiatives.
- Contribute to report processes to ensure quality and consistency of message, adherence to proper grammar and style, and maintenance of design and style guidelines.
- Coordinate marketing projects and media campaigns, such as the production of the annual report and Earth Overshoot Day.
- Manage vendors including graphic designers, photographers, PR resources, etc. for projects under position's purview.
- Coordinate media outreach and planning, write and edit media materials, and contribute to media strategies and tactics.
- Assist in research to identify possible PR and marketing platforms, i.e. awards, conferences, and events.
- Provide a variety of communications support to fundraising efforts.
- Ensure consistency of branding and image, including consistent use of logos, imagery and design standards, and maintaining up-to-date style sheets and design guidelines.
Writing and editorial
- Write and edit communications, editorial copy and marketing/PR materials as assigned/approved by Senior Manager of Communications, including website copy, Annual Report, brochures, case studies, position papers, speeches, articles, and media releases.
- Assist the communications team and technical staff with crafting and delivering external communications that ensure clarity, coherence and consistency of brand and message.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a media, communications and/or marketing role
- Knowledgeable about environmental sustainability and global resource issues.
- B.A. or B.S. required
- Excellence in professional writing and editing skills, including flexibility to write in different styles for various audiences.
- Exemplary communication skills (written and oral).
- Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and a high quality bar.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with the ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals to create manageable work plans and initiate process improvements.
- Exceptional time management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Experience with CMS, Microsoft Office and preferably Adobe Creative Suite.
- Graphic design skills are desirable but not required.
- Fluency in a second language is desirable but not required.
- Articulate and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, self-confidence and initiative.
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in continuing to develop skills and learning from others.
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute when necessary on projects outside of own department.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships.
- Sense of humor.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance, 403(b) and other benefits are provided. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in a neighborhood with good transit access.
Application -- Deadline: Friday, February 8, 2013 @ 5pm PST
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line MUST include the term "Associate -- Media & Outreach" No phone calls please. Global Footprint Network is committed to diversity in the workplace. For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.