Posted on January 29, 2013
Bilingual Staffing Associate (Part-Time)
CFY - Bilingual Staffing Associate (Part-Time)
CFY is a national education nonprofit that helps students in low-income communities, together with their teachers and families, harness the power of digital learning to improve educational outcomes.
CFY pursues this mission through the combination of its groundbreaking K-12 learning platform, PowerMyLearning.com, and its on-the-ground direct service initiative, the CFY Digital Learning Program. PowerMyLearning® makes best-in-class digital learning activities easily accessible and usable to meet the full range of K-12 learning needs. It is an integral part of CFY’s Digital Learning Program which is conducted in partnership with low-income public schools to increase home technology access, extend learning beyond the classroom, and deeply engage parents in the learning process. The program provides training for teachers, students and their parents along with a free broadband-ready home computer loaded with educational software and 24×7 bilingual help desk support.
To date, CFY has served more than 50,000 families from 100 schools nationwide and has demonstrated significant impact on student achievement, student engagement, parental confidence, and broadband adoption.
The Bilingual Staffing Associate will assist the Director of Programs with hiring, on-boarding, and training of part-time workshop staff (including Training Coaches, Family Trainers, and Customer Service Representatives) and will manage the part-time staffing schedule and payroll for Family Learning Workshops (FLWs) as a part of CFY's Digital Learning Program.
This position will directly report to the Director of Programs.
Lead CFY Program to Yield Outstanding Results
- Build and maintain strong relationships with CFY’s partner schools and school leaders
- Partner with Director of Programs to implement a recruitment strategy for part-time workshop staff that yields the correct number of highly qualified hire in case of attrition
- Assist with any necessary staff training: creation and duplication of materials, as well as scheduling and location logistics
- Create and manage staffing schedule (including staff on-call and last-minute schedule changes) for approximately 25 Family Trainers and 15 Customer Service Representatives
- Communicate regularly with workshop staff through phone calls and email regarding schedule, checks, time off, and any other important topics
Ensure a High-Performing Team
- Provide region leadership to develop a strong culture based on CFY-Los Angeles’ Cultural Values
- Accurately process payroll each pay period
- Actively solicit positive and constructive feedback from supervisor and other team members
- Build a strong, outcomes focused performance culture within the team
- Cultivate and coach a high performing team of part-time staff (which includes Family Trainers and Customer Service Representatives) to achieve outstanding results each week
- Maintain a strong, positive relationship with National Office Finance Department
- Manage up by being proactive and keeping supervisor informed of changing priorities
- Gather and accurately report program data for local and national sustainability efforts
- Provide staffing for phone banks and other data-collection efforts
- Help prepare for and attend meetings with funders and potential funders as needed
- Assist in region efforts to engage more teachers, schools and partner organizations in our work each year, by participating in annual school selection process and other events outside of program implementation
- Understand and communicate CFY’s Mission and Theory of Change to staff, clients, funders, and other stakeholders
This is a part-time position, working approximately 20-30 hours per week through the end of June, with the option to continue after June 30, 2013.
During the school year, this position is primarily a Monday-Friday position with the occasional Saturday and with exceptions on most holiday weekends.
Passion for CFY’s mission
At least 2 years of work experience after college
Impeccable organization and project management skills
Detail oriented, energetic, independent
Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Self-motivated with the ability to thrive under pressure and on deadline
Capacity to simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects, and the ability to set priorities
Demonstrated flexibility when priorities change
Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel a must
One or more of the following:
- Experience or education in Human Resources/recruiting
- Experience working with public schools and/or districts
- Experience working with low-income communities
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, your current/most recent compensation, and stating how you heard about this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following conventions:
Subject line: CFY-LA Bilingual Staffing Associate
Cover Letter: yourfirstname_yourlastname_coverletter.doc
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CFY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.