Posted on January 28, 2013
PATH - Finance Associate
The Finance Associate is a member the PATH Finance team. The Finance team is responsible for all financial
activities at PATH, which include but are not limited to accounting, financial compliance and grant management,
budgeting, cash management, and payroll and benefits. All Finance Associates will have an Emphasis as their
primary job focus, but may be called upon to perform any other Finance Associate function as needed.
Accounting Associates are responsible for all accounting functions at PATH, including:
- processing all financial transactions and entering them into the MIP accounting system
- working with financial compliance to ensure that all grants are properly accounted for
- paying all invoices in a timely manner
- maintaining strong financial controls
- managing the year end audit
Duties and Responsibilities: Level 1
The Level 1 position is primarily responsible for processing accounts payable transactions; entering accounts payable, payroll, and benefits data into the accounting system (MIP); managing employee time and activity records; and resolving accounts payable issues. In addition, the Level 1 position will assist with other accounting transactions, maintain PATH’s asset accounting records, and manage various routine accounting requests.
- Process accounts payables for payments, including getting authorizations to pay, checking with compliance department for proper coding, preparing check request forms, entering invoices into MIP, preparing checks, getting checks signed, filing paid invoices, and keeping track of unpaid invoices
- Follow up with vendors and internal personnel to resolve questions and issues regarding accounts payable items and balances
- Enter payroll and benefit transaction details into MIP
- Manage employee time and activity records
- Manage the asset accounting records (vans, IT, etc.)
- Manage various routine accounting requests, such as Certificate of Insurance requests
- Assist in creating and entering journal entries and other accounting transactions
- Assist with year end closing and audit preparation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements: Level 1
This is an entry level position. This person is not required to have any prior accounting experience, and will learn on the job.
Education: Bachelors degree in accounting, or comparable work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Previous accounting experience desirable but not required
- Experience with non-profit accounting desirable but not required
- Familiarity with MIP accounting software desirable but not required
- Familiarity with ADP payroll processing desirable but not required
- Is a highly motivated self-starter
- Project a professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment
- Capable of working in a fast paced, professional environment.
- Must maintain and execute confidential information
- Must maintain regular attendance
All positions require the following: Good communication skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office. Salaries commensurate with experience. Full-time positions include benefits package covering medical, dental, vision, and pension. Fingerprint clearance and background check required.
PATH values the following staff qualities: strong interpersonal skills, computer skills (Windows & Microsoft a must), self-starter, and a strong desire to work in a fast paced, professional team atmosphere.
Please identify for which position and site you are interested in applying, and email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone call inquiries or faxed resumes.