Posted on January 24, 2013
MASA-Mexed - Executive Director
MASA-MexEd, Inc., (“MASA”) an emerging and innovative education-focused nonprofit located in New York City is seeking a permanent Executive Director to begin in early 2013.
The Executive Director (ED) of MASA will report and work in partnership with the Board of Directors to further the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. She/he should have a demonstrated commitment to the academic and social development of the Mexican/Latino community, excellent strategic judgment, strong management skills, a compelling public presence, as well as the ability to raise funds from corporations, foundations, and major donors. MASA’s ED will assume the leadership of a dynamic and emerging organization providing much needed educational supports to the Mexican/Latino community in the City of New York. This position offers the opportunity to lead and develop an organization that serves the largest and fastest-growing new ethnic community in New York City.
- An undergraduate degree is required; a graduate degree in a relevant field of study such as nonprofit management is highly preferred
- Significant and proven leadership skills developed through at least 5-7 years in a senior-level management position at a nonprofit, community-based organization, or public agency
- Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate
- Proven success in establishing and cultivating excellent relationships with colleagues, partners, donors and supporters
- Proven success at fund development and developing funding sustainability, including knowledge of and success in attracting foundation and corporate grants
- Experience in identifying, stewarding, and soliciting individual donors
- Experience working with and developing an effective Board of Directors
- Experience in and knowledge of program oversight, development, and evaluation
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the Mexican/Latino community
- Superb organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills
- Substantial experience in organizational restructuring and development
- English/Spanish language proficiency
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director, will provide the leadership, vision and direction to position MASA as a model of grassroots and community-based educational intervention programs serving the Mexican/Latino community in New York City. The ED will articulate MASA’s vision and purpose to a broad constituency, including community residents, business and community leaders, city, state and national politicians, the media, and funders.
Working closely with and reporting to the Chairperson and the Board of Directors, the ED will oversee MASA’s activities and operations and implement the mission and goals of the organization as set forth by the Board.
For more information, please visit www.masany.org/ED-description.pdf
A competitive salary will be offered that is favorably comparable to the salaries paid to the Executive Directors of nonprofits that: (i) are of similar size to MASA, and (ii) do community- based direct service and advocacy work. Although candidates from outside of New York City will be considered and, indeed, are encouraged to apply, no relocation package will be offered to a successful candidate who relocates.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MASA is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, evaluate and promote based on individual ability and demonstrated past performance. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. In addition, MASA complies with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest and/or experience working with immigrant communities to the following email address: email@example.com. No phone calls please.