Posted on January 24, 2013
Regional Director of Development
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio
Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio - Regional Director of Development
The Regional Director of Development is responsible for the planning and management of fundraising and development activities for Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio, focusing within the Central Ohio region. Working with the Senior Director of Development and the Development team, the Regional Director of Development will oversee the performance of the region against planned and budgeted revenue and expense. The position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements strategic and operational strategies to achieve short- and long-term development objectives.
- In coordination with the Senior Director of Development, Development team, and/or other designates, manages the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors for major gifts and special initiatives.
- Coordinates with the Development team the planning and implementation of regional activities which include: identification and cultivation of donors; annual fundraising campaign; donor stewardship; major gift solicitations; foundation and other community based funding requests; Community Leadership Councils and special events to meet the overall development goals of PPGOH.
- Sets fundraising goals and prepares budget for regional development activities, and monitors expenditures.
- Coordinates with the Director of Grants & Foundation Relations regarding the overall strategy for developing and maintaining institutional relationships with regional foundations including: data gathering; proposal requests, preparation and submission; evaluation and narrative reporting to support the comprehensive development goals of PPGOH.
- Oversees and collaborates with Development team to execute the direct marketing appeals. Manages timeline, follow-up and reports progress and outcomes to senior management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
LEVEL THREE: B.S./B.A. plus 3 years of program management experience. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.ppgoh.org and click the Jobs link.
Planned Parenthood is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that a multicultural perspective is an essential element of a 21st Century organization.