Posted on January 23, 2013
New York Needs You
New York Needs You - Internship Coordinator
New York Needs You (NYNY) aims to level the playing field for first-generation and low-income college students in New York City. NYNY closes the opportunity gap through its intensive career development and leadership training that enables high-potential, first-generation college students to realize their college and career aspirations. NYNY’s intensive two-year Fellows program includes bi-weekly career development workshops where Fellows work individually with a highly accomplished Mentor Coach. The new Career Development Program is a 10-session career exploration seminar series run in partnership with college career centers and student clubs.
The Strategic Partnerships team is responsible for managing corporate and nonprofit partnerships; for recruiting and engaging volunteers in support of programmatic initiatives run by New York Needs You; and – in collaboration with the Programs Team – for engaging our alumni. Current Fellows are required to complete two internships during the course of the program, and the Internship Coordinator will work closely with the Strategic Partnerships Manager to provide vital internship support services to help Fellows meet this requirement. The ideal candidate will display meticulous attention to detail, be highly organized, and have strong communication skills. He or she should enjoy multi-tasking in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment, working with technology, and interacting closely with Fellows. This position is ideal for candidates who want to develop human resources experience in the social sector.
- Researching internships and communicating opportunities to Fellows by regularly updating the NYNY Internship Database and conducting email and social media outreach
- Working with the SP team to help Fellows prepare for internship interviews and placements including providing internship case management support for individual Fellows
- Creating and updating the bi-annual NYNY Resume Book for current Fellows
- Additional projects and duties as determined by the Strategic Partnerships team such as updating marketing collateral, conducting data analysis and facilitating internship-related content at workshops
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years of experience in a related role is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency (strong proficiency with Excel and Word required)
- High level of energy and commitment
- Graphic design experience is a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Internship Coordinator – Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please.