Posted on January 18, 2013
Regional Grassroots Program Coordinator
NephCure Foundation - Regional Grassroots Program Coordinator
Organization Overview: The NephCure Foundation is the only organization committed exclusively to support research seeking the cause of the potentially debilitating kidney disease Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) and Nephrotic Syndrome, improve treatment and find a cure. Approximately 5000 people are diagnosed yearly with these conditions. NephCure provides educational resources and support services to patients and medical professionals across the globe.
Position Summary: Mid-level leadership role responsible for developing the NephCure region in the Pacific Coast Region by cultivating relationships with patients and members of the medical community, coordinating and managing grassroots programs such as walks, rides and family fundraisers and overseeing other outreach efforts on behalf of NephCure. Role requires fundraising experience, strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, multi-task proficiency and follow-through. Applicant should be an outgoing self-starter with a fundraising mindset. Experience with non-profits required.
- Enhance NephCure’s base by cultivating positive, long-term relationships with patients, doctors, clients and volunteers in respective region, through face to face meetings and regular communication. Recruit new constituents with support from NephCure staff and patient families. Use social media tools, NephCure staff leads and other resources to find patients.
- Develop, coordinate and manage grassroots events and programs that generate revenue and increase the visibility of the organization including but not limited to
- Securing corporate sponsorships
- Mobilizing volunteers and working with committee to plan event
- Monitoring inventory of promotional and incentive materials required for events and outreach initiatives. Coordinating with NephCure on content updates and distribution.
- Acknowledging volunteer efforts
- Providing fiscal oversight of assigned budgets using NephCure reports and evaluations. Maintaining efficient records.
- Regular communication with NephCure staff to achieve organization’s goals of maximizing patient outreach efforts, finding and engaging new doctors, identifying potential donors and enhancing the visibility of NephCure and its mission.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a fundraising, communications, event management, or marketing role.
- Experience organizing walks, rides or other grassroots initiatives using online marketing
- Strong oral and written communication skills, Sales and presentation experience a plus
- Ability to travel within your respective region
- Must have a car, laptop and cell phone
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
If you meet the above requirements, please click on the following link and complete an application form. http://nephcure.org/nephcure-career-application-form