Posted on January 18, 2013
Corporate Development Contractor
Community Gatepath - Corporate Development Contractor
Corporate Development Contractor - Community Gatepath Special Events
Community Gatepath has been “Turning Disabilities Into Possibilities” for over 90 years. We have one of the most comprehensive service portfolios spanning all ages from early intervention for infants to community access and job training for adults and seniors. All programs are designed to prepare children and adults to actively participate in their schools, community, workplaces and at home. Since our early beginnings, Community Gatepath has grown to become the largest non-profit serving people with disabilities in San Mateo County. Through services and outreach we reach over 8,700 individuals annually.
We foster a learning environment where everyone is encouraged to achieve their goals, believe in themselves and dream that anything is possible!
The Corporate Development Contractor will work closely with our Marketing and Development Special Events team, helping to maximize our agency’s ability to raise funds from corporations, foundations, and other major donors in support of the strategic initiatives of Community Gatepath. This person is responsible for building strong relationships with corporations who have a passion for supporting Community Gatepath and will create and execute strategies for existing supporters and new prospective corporate donors, overseeing all stages of relationship development including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The contractor will be responsible for engaging a portfolio of corporate partners in a variety of corporate giving opportunities, including launching a corporate matching program. This contractor position is approximately 20 hours a week and is effective January 1, through June 30, 2013 with the desire for this to be a permanent position i n new fiscal year beginning July 1, 2013.
- Develop a cohesive marketing and outreach plan for corporate development targeting corporations most aligned with Community Gatepath’s mission and needs
- Manage the promotion of Community Gatepath’s mission and its expansion into corporations to raise the profile of the agency and raise more revenue
- Manage and expand cause related marketing relationships with corporate partners
- Manage the expansion of workplace giving and matching gifts with corporate partners
- Write and develop corporate proposals for foundation funding and sponsorships
- Identify corporate prospects, research their areas of support, cultivate relationships with key gatekeepers, prepare proposals, make the case for their participation, execute the program and manage the relationships to ensure fulfillment of deliverables.
- Manage the creation and development of solicitation, marketing, media and collateral materials related to corporate partnerships and cause related marketing based on strategic philanthropic and marketing objectives in order to meet annual financial support goals for the organization.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing & Development staff to ensure coordination with corporate grants, volunteers and event implementation.
- Comfortable working with various constituencies and skilled in articulating the mission of Community Gatepath in a manner that generates supportive responses.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and manage multiple demands.
- Proven history of generating leads and closing deals/sponsorships.
- Excellent writing skills required, including general correspondence, solicitations, and marketing and major sponsorship proposals.
- Work well independently as well as in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Minimum of two-three years progressive experience in development, marketing, sales/corporate relations or equivalent field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, familiarity with Salesforce and strong internet/web skills.
Please submit a resume with cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.