Posted on January 13, 2013
Development Executive, Long Island Division
UJA-Federation of New York
UJA-Federation of New York - Development Executive, Long Island Division
The development executive for Long Island is responsible for the development and implementation of all fundraising strategies that relate to his/her portfolio. In this role, you will be fundraising for the annual campaign by developing and strengthening relationships between UJA-Federation's lay leaders, donors, volunteers, and prospects through fundraising, social and educational opportunities, and leadership development initiatives. The assignment includes the development of donor engagement plans and major gift solicitations.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the dollars raised for the annual campaign and secure new gifts through outreach, relationship building, face-to-face solicitation, telephone contact, and follow-up.
- Responsible for developing and strengthening relations between UJA-Federation and volunteers, donors, lay leaders. and prospects.
- Develop a core of trained solicitors and appropriate lay committees.
- Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York.
- Responsible for leadership development and providing opportunities for leadership to connect in more significant and personal way.
- Organize small- and large-scale fundraising events. These events ensure an opportunity for donors and prospects to connect with UJA-Federation through social, networking, and fundraising programs — with a focus on specific specialty groups.
- Collaborate with staff in other divisions to develop and implement strategies to involve donors across divisional lines.
- Supervise necessary administrative and clerical duties.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate contributor and solicitor information.
- Knowledge and previous experience in fundraising, including strong face-to-face and phone solicitation.
- Experience in social work or business helpful.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to understand committees, their formation, and the lay/professional relationship.
- Being creative, detail-oriented, organized, enthusiastic, and energetic with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good administrative and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Jewish communal organizations is a plus.
- BA required
- 5 years relevant experience.
EOE. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “DE-Long Island”