Posted on January 13, 2013
Mission Advancement Director
Bethesda Lutheran Communities
Bethesda Lutheran Communities - Mission Advancement Director
As a part of the Mission Advancement team, the Mission Advancement Director, under the guidance and supervision of the Vice President of Development, is responsible for cultivating donor relationships in his/her assigned area and soliciting major outright and deferred gifts.
Creates a pool of top 150 major donor prospects in assigned region and initiates contacts with these donors to assess their major gift potential.
Develops specific Moves Management plans for top 150 donor prospects, in order to solicit major outright and deferred gifts and reach individual annual cash fundraising goal of $300,000.
Utilizes Blackbaud data management system to input and extract necessary data for development benchmarks, Moves Management donor plans and other metrics. Completes all documentation in a timely manner, including expense reports and Outlook calendar.
Assist in special event attendee recruitment and event follow-up activities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
- At least five years’ experience in development/fundraising or equivalent experience in finance, public relations or business background required with proven ability to raise current and deferred major gifts required.
- Experience working with a variety of planned giving instruments, including Charitable Gift Annuities, Charitable Trusts and Discretionary Trusts.
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record as defined by Bethesda.
- Up to 50% overnight travel required for this position.
- Must have ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time when traveling by car or air.
- Ability to work irregular hours as needed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience using Blackbaud's Raisers Edge or similar development database preferred.
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity and full community inclusion.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, must have excellent public presentation skills.
- Ability to carry out daily functions independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and communicate well with others and establish positive rapport with prospective donors.
- Enthusiastic, a self-starter and highly self-motivated, able to quickly learn specific skills needed, a team worker.
Please email cover letter (with salary expectations) and resume to Sarah.Luedke@mailblc.org