Posted on January 10, 2013
Manager, Electronic Reporting (eReporting)
Foundation Center - Manager, Electronic Reporting (eReporting)
THE FOUNDATION CENTER is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Our organization's mission is to strengthen the social sector by advancing knowledge about philanthropy in the U.S. and around the world. Our vision is a world enriched by the effective allocation of philanthropic resources, informed public discourse about philanthropy, and broad understanding of the contributions of nonprofit activity to increasing opportunity and transforming lives.
MANAGER, ELECTRONIC REPORTING (eREPORTING)
REPORTS TO: Director of Grants Information Management
The Foundation Center has ambitions to increase the number of foundations reporting their grants data directly to our organization. In order to achieve these goals require a dedicated staff to manage all eGrant, hGrant and xGrant efforts and outreach. Supervising the Electronic Reporting Liaison, working closely with Grants, Special Project and Library staff, this position will focus on outreach to the largest foundations, connecting to affinity groups and other membership organizations, financial advisors and grant management software vendors.
The Manager of eReporting will have ongoing responsibility for the following:
- Manage staff in ongoing maintenance of existing eReporters.
- Ensure that current eReporters are aware of the Center's grant mapping initiative and are providing the Center with a full complement of data elements within their eFiles.
- Assist with management of relationships with Reporting Commitment foundations and ensure that data appears in Glasspockets grant feeds and map.
- Evaluate eGrant reporting data loading process and identify areas of improvement.
- Liase with current eGrant Reporting software partners to expand current relationships and ensure promotion of eGrant program by conducting webinars, maintaining eGrant area of foundationcenter.org and developing promotional materials with Marketing/Communications department.
- With Director of Grants Information Management, development of XML-based version of eGrant/hGrant standard (xGrant).
- Develop partnerships with new and emerging grant management software companies.
- Conduct regular outreach to individual foundation to encourage new eGrant reporters.
- Coordinating with Library Directors, Grants staff, and other key players at the Center, work with affinity groups, regional associations, financial advisors and other stakeholders with large volumes of grant data in encouraging significant bulk eReporting.
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant field or fields such as grantmaking, philanthropy networks (regional associations, affinity groups), nonprofit management, marketing and communications.
- Excellent writing, analytical and verbal presentation skills; skill in handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; ability to plan, organize, budget, and follow through with senior management.
- A record of success in working independently and with teams and staff in various departments to common goals.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and build relationships with foundations and partner organizations through direct outreach efforts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel is essential.
- Internet savvy, including use of social and professional networking sites, the blogosphere, search tools, and general Web 2.0 (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Passion for the use of data, research, and technology to improve the practice of philanthropy.
- Familiarity with HTML and XML preferred.
Please send resume and salary requirements to:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line)
Human Resources Manager
The Foundation Center
79 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10003
Do not telephone.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
For more information on positions available at the Foundation Center please visit our website:
The Foundation Center is an equal opportunity employer.