Posted on January 9, 2013
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Therapist
Odyssey Family Counseling
Odyssey Family Counseling - Odyssey Mental Health and Substance Abuse Therapist
The ideal candidate will have a masters degree or higher in the field of social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy, or psychology. Full licensure of at least 1 year is preferred. Knowledge of best practices in mental health and substance abuse treatment, including, but not limited to group counseling of both substance abuse and mental health concerns, family systems, and individual counseling is required.
Supervisor: Clinical Director
Description of Duties:
- Provide services to the clients in the Odyssey Women's Program, Adult Substance Abuse Program, Adult Mental Health Program, and Child & Adolescent Program (both mental health and substance abuse program).
- Complete assessments according to Odyssey's policies using the Behavioral Health Assessment in the Carelogic electronic medical record system in addition to other diagnostic/assessment tolls outlined by each program.
- Provide individual, family/couples, and group therapy. Direct client contact hours that are billable should average 62.5% weekly.
- Provide a wide range of case management services to clients, network with community partners, and educating community partners about Odyssey's services.
- Maintain case records according to Odyssey's policies and procedures.
- Maintain current licensure.
- Remain current in professional knowledge through seminars and workshops, with a copy of attendance certificates kept in the training binder.
- Pursue relevant training to ensure best practices with clients.
- Attend team meetings and regular supervision with the Clinical Director.
- Uphold the mission and core values of Odyssey Family Counseling Center through staff meeting attendance and participation in other Odyssey events as applicable.
- Comply with policies and procedures of Odyssey Family Counseling Center.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com